Test 03-26-2014

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Test 03-26-2014

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Sorry I don't see that as rare, I see that as an annual event that anybody playing the game can attend. If not then people can buy towels if they can't wait that long, either way all players will have access to these items either by waiting for the quest or by trade.

The minimum level is 42 yes, But people can level up before the quest ends if they know about the quest when they join. It's not hard to get to level 42 when I first joined I got to that level within days.

Also what does new comers have to do with having an annual quest? lol we can't have an annual quest because new comers might have to wait another year? Whats the difference between that and making quests level 80+ ?

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

Modifications to travel systems are necessary because the current one sucks and only points out that the only dynamicly working game part is the stamp trading which is kinda poor because that doesnt need tmw to be a game at all. To give it more of a game feel we need to include some mechanics that construct actual distance between places which can be measured in gp or time.

suggestions that actually help ("you dont play" - "no, you dont play" discussions are not helpful) could touch the following parts:
- minigames/mobs for the ship
- a quest that eats dyed towels (i say: community birthday burn the towels event) which hands out more hats
- music for the ship
- particle effect for respawn
- changes to the menhir story (if there is any)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:Once a year still counts as rare, which you would know if you watched newcomers play the game.
[*]You should apply to yourself your previous remark.
[*]Rare means rare: many items are given once per char. and are not rares, Santa hat, forest armor, wooden shield for example. Towels are frequent in game because players made many alts to get a complete set, because there is a lot of "old" players in game compared to newcomers. Towels are expensive not because they are or because the quest is difficult rare but because you need .

Gina, Cassy, Chay, wushin, veryape, Chicka-Maria, CrazyK8e watch newcomers and help them. All of them know that a real newcomer is something rare nowadays, which you should know too. If you do it too, you are very discrete.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
bugs
Peon
Peon

Post by bugs »

I just don't like the death travel. :alt-4:
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

What does it mean when Diryn says you have no memory of a place? How does someone "gain" that memory in order to travel there?
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Crazyk8e, you need to first get to the travelers walking to them, after you talk to them first time you "memorize" the place, than you can spawn to it from other travelers.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Added to Test today: Script engine rewrite.

All Quests Need testing.

In addition, towel quest is in game and is required to dye towels.
I am still working on how-to hand out towels.
Each Color of Dyed towel Binds you to a specific place.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

No, not the script *engine* rewrite, just the warningifier. Script engine proper will be after the next release.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

SriNitayanda wrote: Edit 2: also although i talked about it in irc but maybe its better if it is posted here, i think that getting to candor just from the boat can really screw up candor run's, people need to get supply before getting to candor getting supplies + running for the boat might screw up them getting on time. i think spawning option from every travling npc would be a better option.
Until Candor gets a city above it I agree totally. Perhaps a crew of fast-travel toll dudes can pop up whenever the Candor Countdown is running. People go to Candor for *action*. Making people wait around to re-stock and potentially miss their ship wouldn't be good. Longer countdowns would also suck. There's added difficulty and then there's just plain BORING.

The other action-dungeons should be fine; they have civilization nearby.
(Random thought: Stores in the Candor-City should probably be more espensive than others further away.. Supply and demand baby..)

Other than that I have no complaints. This is a truly awesome re-envisioning of TMW game mechanics and is certainly a change for the better.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The Green Dyed Towel & The traveler port you to Candor Island under my latest revision. I was also thinking the Candor Koga could carry a different set of "Opps, I forgot Arrows, food, etc." shop.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.