The Sanguine Vault [TEST][GIT]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

The Sanguine Vault [TEST][GIT]

Post by gumi »

First of all, I have to say that I'm not good at introductions so I'll just skip that part.

What is the Sanguine Vault?
The Sanguine Vault (name subject to change) is a fight club where 2 players can fight 1v1 while others can watch and bid (planned feature, not implemented).
screenshot 1 » upper part of the fight club
screenshot 2 » lower part of the figh club

What has been done so far :
- Sanguine Vault map (wushin)
- "Bartender" npc (Serene)
- "Garçon" npc (Toxicodendron)
- "Battle Master" npc (Toxicodendron)
- "Rouge" npc (Serene)
- Debug interface (meko)
- Custom rules system (meko)
- Time limit / intrusion detection / unexpected event handler (meko)

Planned features and improvements :
- "Slow Motion" mode
- Bare fists mode
- more custom rules
- points system (with rewards)
- bidding system
- GM interface (can be used to restrict some players and set the player-based variables)
- make the bartender talk and tell the story of the sanguine vault, maybe even give a quest
- warp rand() instead of predefined
- make the duel requests time out
** None of these features will be implemented in the first release of the fight club. For now, the main focus is to ensure that what is already implemented works properly. When the project get merged with the main server, I will start working on the version 2.0 which will implement these features.

What needs to be tested :
The project is currently live on the testing server. To enter the fight club, use the trapdoor located in the storage room in hurnscald.
Everything need to be tested. This includes every single npc in the Sanguine Vault, battles, battles with magic disabled, victory by forfeit (when one of the player disconnects), tie (when the time limit is reached). We also need to find every possible exploit, like if there is any way to attack the crowd from inside the ring or if there is a way to attack the fighters from outside the ring.
The fight club project will not go live until no bug is found for at least 1 week. If a bug is found, we fix it and wait another week. When no more bug is found, the final code will be reviewed by wushin for approval.

Known issues:
- Clicking on the "Debug" npc does nothing: This is not a bug; you need to have GM powers in order to use this npc.
- A pop-up says that you died even when you win the battle: This is not a bug; the only way to safely remove the "@killer" mod from your character is to kill you.

Thank You
I want to give BIG thanks to Serene and Toxicodendron for suggesting the original concept and for helping me 24/7 while I was sketching the project.
I also want to thank Ginaria, Johanne, Wushin, (I know I must be forgetting some) and everyone (including testers) that helped me make this project a reality.

If you encounter any bug, please either post it in this thread or contact me on Freenode in #themanaworld-dev
Last edited by gumi on 24 Oct 2014, 20:52, edited 2 times in total.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: The Sanguine Vault

Post by gumi »

Changelog

11th october
[Fix pushed] Bug found: #lum and #inma can't be used inside the ring
[Fix pushed] Bug found (steps unknown): intrusion detection sometimes doesn't work ==> @Duel_Fighter not cleaned
[Fix pushed] Bug found: can summon outside the ring ==> need to limit (spawn (rbox location 2)) to 1 instead of 2
[Fix pushed] Bug found: battle still starts when player is dead ==> add @alive to warp function and is_alive to #duel and make watchdog check is_alive
[Fix pushed] note to self: need to exclude gms from intrusion detection (@hugo and @linus would break duels)
[Fix pushed] note to self: maybe @killable is better than @killer
[Fix pushed] note to self: add debug for char variables

15th october
[Fix pushed] Bug found: when you and someone else accept a battle at the same time it overwrites the first one and can cause the battle to start twice
[Fix pushed] Bug found: @killable randomly stops working sometimes ==> put both killer and killable
[Fix pushed] Bug found: if($@Duel_CurrentDuel < 1) goto L_Request; always seems to request
[Fix pushed] Bug found: #duel blocks the thread ==> need to check if player already have a pending request and need a non-blocking popup
[Fix pushed] Bug found: if you #duel and then #duel someone else, the second person will see that the first person accepted the challenge => need to re-write #duel in a non-blocking way => nope, someone random sees it, look like it just takes the next rid

All bugs fixed ==> Projected release date is now October 28th (or later)