D20 System

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

krismichael
Novice
Novice

D20 System

Post by krismichael »

I don't know if you guys know about this...

http://www.wizards.com/d20/

I know it would be a lot of work to add this type of RPG system into the game but I think it would be worth it in the long run.

Any programmers up to the challenge?
It's not my fault I'm new here! :)
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

after taking a quick look at the rules i think this is a bit too complex compared to what i've had in mind... SoM had a pretty simple "system".
additionally athena let's us only use whats been implemented for RO already. right now every rule that applies is a feature of athena and we'll have to stick w/ them unless we write our own server which sooner or later will be the case anyway. just modifying the athena wouldn't do any good either, since the architecture is pretty weird, hardly documented and optimized for RO... :'(
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.