Create a mod to make dead people wear Jack Charm?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

pclouds
Peon
Peon

Create a mod to make dead people wear Jack Charm?

Post by pclouds »

The subject says it all. When people are killed, Jack Charm is forced on them. Can this be done with manaplus mods? As far as I can see mods seem to be driven by .xml files but I haven't gotten far. Any suggestions appreciated.
You either live long enough to be a GM, or die a Troll Master
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Create a mod to make dead people wear Jack Charm?

Post by o11c »

Yes, trivially.

You could simply edit the default .png file's death frame with the skeleton death frame. This would have slightly different internal effects on equipment than the default, but probably won't cause any visible problems.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Knight
Knight

Re: Create a mod to make dead people wear Jack Charm?

Post by 4144 »

pclouds wrote:The subject says it all. When people are killed, Jack Charm is forced on them. Can this be done with manaplus mods? As far as I can see mods seem to be driven by .xml files but I haven't gotten far. Any suggestions appreciated.
Probably possible with dead direction, but for this need special item equipped