Terranite Cave Ownership Quest [PvP] [DIS]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Terranite Cave Ownership Quest [PvP] [DIS]

Post by wushin »

The Devs are debating making a PvP quest involving the Terranite cave.

The basic premise is when you kill a player on the map you get a bottled soul.

Gather X bottled Souls and take them to Pillars located at X,Y,Z on the Terranite cave map.

Once pillars are feed than player gains "Something" (and first time around completes the quest with Xp & Zeny reward)

Bottled Souls could potentially be used as reagents for other PvP quests or commodities.

This is a [DIS] thread there is nothing solid just gather opinions and ideas.
Attachments
012-4.png
012-4.png (10.03 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Terranite Cave Ownership Quest [PvP] [DIS]

Post by deepthought »

This kind of quest would encourage more griefers and other players to kill people more then they are used too. There are already enough people who are bored and quest like this would make them go berserk. My sincere request if this is going to be implemented is make terranites spawn in crypt. These days we are having so much lags, disconnects, crashes; illia runs are out of question. So our only chance of earning gp is tera ores. Please don't ruin this.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Mikko
Peon
Peon

Post by Mikko »

Rather than killing other players for bottles, it would probably be best if the bottles were a contested resource that players would have to find by killing rare mobs or some such.
The terranite quests already do this, so making something in the same vein would probably be a good idea.

I don't think direct pvp would be a very fun experience for players at the moment. TMW is a far cry from other competitively played games in terms of balance, so I think this kind of gameplay would be a bad fit. That said, if you're willing to put in the effort to make pvp work, then go for it. :)
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

8) I have 2 issues with this.

1 - Light path magi should not be able to do this quest due to the obvious logic problems. It always bugged me that good magi would rule in the Terra caves and other magi would have a tough time defeating them because they could use asorm, a light path only spell. Actually.. if it were a dark path quest only, it would make the most sense. I'd like to see more repercussions for those that do not follow their alignments and that includes dark path doing good deeds as well. I'm guessing it would be tough to implement though.

2 - What is to stop someone from killing their own characters on another account for the rewards? ... or even co-operating with others to allow them to kill them?

I'd love to see a light vs dark type war there. Killing another of your own path should have negative consequences, but that means you'd have to know who is who somehow.
I've always thought that player kills should be worth some exp, in the very least... but again multiple account logins can pose a problem.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

I would like to revive this thread, and give my two cents. Personally I'm tired of taking items to a pillar/torch/statue/barrier I think it would be a more intriguing quest if instead after having so many souls you can create a soul key, thereafter you could enter a sort of soul palace/kingdom which could potentially open up more room for other quests. Now that I've become more settled in real life I'd gladly like to start working on development again. I think it would give a more "spiritual twist" to the game and could even bring out the inner murderer we all have within :twisted:
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

WIP of this.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

First you should fix PvP itself. Warriors have zero chance winning any reward.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well I was making it for parties not individuals. Granted an individual could accomplish it without anyone else around.
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

wushin wrote:Well I was making it for parties not individuals. Granted an individual could accomplish it without anyone else around.
So you want to turn the all maps in pvp?
And now you want to forbidde terra cave for the players who dont want to kill others players?

and you dont really care about the players, you can read others threads about pvp, in all people said no to something like that in terra cave, but who care?
lot of of ppl explain why its not a good idea to turn terra cave in such thing, but who dont care?

you want it do it, why do you post about it?
lets surprise us with your idea, decide, apply and its all.
like you did when you gave back the unobtainable.

or you want to keep the mask of community instead showing your real mask of dictatorship?

you can even make a pol, and use your 100 accounts to vote and say : yes you see it, ppl want it.
Turn everything at your advantage, and continue to say that others cant understand.

people want quest : no quest
people want weapon : no weapon
people want hat : no hat
people want rare : no rare
people dont want pvp : ok for pvp

:lol:
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

Ledmitz wrote:8) 2 - What is to stop someone from killing their own characters on another account for the rewards? ... or even co-operating with others to allow them to kill them?
Hmm, I have to agree with the second opinions by Ledmitz. This will encourage player to make several alts and make some kind of setups (split them into 2 groups and use one char to kill his own alts on the other group) to fulfill the quest, unless the quest is supervised by GMs as a special event (like annual guild war) or you have other means to prevent this act of cheating.