Snowland Fill in.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Snowland Fill in.

Post by Wombat »

I'm very impressed with the new tileset for the snowland area. Nivalis area looks much much better. However, there is still a lack of content and a great deal of space that is sometimes hard to navigate with as little to do as there is. To improve this, I'm looking into what I can do with most existing maps...adding to them rather than changing them, with the exception of the underground, which can be better mapped and connected, with existing monsters connected to quests placed within and perhaps several quest map areas, like that which is under Hurnscald.

I've heard a few clean ups need to be done to Nivalis and there is a fur trader quest in the area that needs added as well. Perhaps more can be done with the Barbarian camp, making it more populated with more tents in the area. The docks need more activity, maybe more buildings or campfires along the path into Nivalis proper.

Anybody else have ideas? I'm open to suggestion, though I can't promise a lot of activity, I'm definitely wanting to start relearning how to contribute to the game.
Current character is "Abolish".
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Snowland Fill in.

Post by Wombat »

Some initial ideas.

1. Docks - A small quest or two deal with the dock workers moving stuff, information NPCs talking about the area and where they've traveled to and perhaps a path cutting through the mountains to get to Nivalis proper faster and dodge the high level cave North of the docks.

2. Mayor - For around level 40. Quests available after completing Forest Bow, Forest Armor, Wooden Shield and Winter Boots quests. This will prove to the mayor that you can help with the growing problem coming from the mines below Nivalis. The primary treasure is the Key to the City (Nivalis)

3. Barbarian Camp - The earthquake has destroyed the barbarian village. Refugees have arrived at camp and can offer a variety of storyline information and quest potential. Add a tent or two, 2-4 more NPCs to the camp.

4. Trappers - After the mayor's quests, the trappers may be in danger or need help collecting pelts...something along those lines. They could also have family members that could offer more quest potential. I'll look more into who had planned the original maps and what the huts were for.

5. Artificer - For around level 60. Must of completed the Mayor's quests and have won the key to the city. This proves to the Artificer that the character is powerful enough to him him. The Artificer is from Thermin, a technological city that was swallowed by the mountains when the great quake hit the snowland. The Artificer is but one of a few survivors to arrive in Nivalis. Quests will be ultimately rewarded with the monocle, though like the Mayor's quests, there will be multiple parts which are rewarded with other treasure and experience. The Artificer's cave will be located west of the trapper's huts. There were a few other items that are questionable, gas mask and pistol being the two I can think of from the abandoned Thermin art. The idea is to move forward with what is salvageable or tweakable from the Thermin sets and make one building in Nivalis have a steampunkish aesthetic, instead of an entire city.
Current character is "Abolish".