Release v2015.3.10 [RC][test]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Release v2015.3.10 [RC][test]

Post by gumi »

The upcoming release need to be tested. (will edit the title once I know the exact date)

Candor bank - Tested
There is now a bank in candor. Please check that it works fine and look for any graphical glitches in the room.

Selim the dyer - Tested
You shouldn't see any visible difference for Selim. It works the same way as in the previous release but it changed internally. Please make sure that it still works. Testing all items is NOT necessary. Only test one.

Candide the bleacher - Tested
Candide now use the same code as Selim so it is easier to add items to it and to maintain. Please check that Candide give the right item. Testing all items is NOT necessary. Only test one.

Sanguine Vault (fight club) - Dropped
The upper part and the lower part are now two separate maps. The bar area is like it was before. The fight club area (the part below the bar) is now a PVP area so you can fight in the whole room (not just in the ring). This is was the only possible way to "fix" the bug that was present. Please check that the #duel command work like before. Delayed for now.

Forest Bow Quest - Tested
There was a bug that made the quest impossible to finish. It was an infinite loop of talking to alan, to jack, to alan, to jack, to alan and so on. Please test to make sure the quest can be completed.

ManaMarket - Dropped
First of all, to test this one you will need a char with the same name as the one you use on the main server. Please test the new MM. It should work exactly like before but it will no longer run out of slots. Add an item to it and get it back or buy it with another char and then get your money.
Last edited by gumi on 08 Mar 2015, 22:07, edited 12 times in total.
alexander1006
Novice
Novice

Re: Release v2015.3.?? [test]

Post by alexander1006 »

Tested. Everything works fine except MM. It gave 0 response to any commands.
I was listening to the ocean,
I saw a face in the sand.
But when I picked it up,
Then it vanished away from my hands.
Barchaul
Peon
Peon

Post by Barchaul »

I like having a bank in Candor... "Good idea boss."

I found that in the conversation with Nyle (the guy that explains banking), he states "Items in your storage are totally save. Banking itself is totally save."

I believe the correct word should be safe not save.
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

Everything seems ok now, including MM (it just slipped GM 1 maybe?). However we have 0 slots to sell so we can do nothing about.

In order to test anything nicely I think we would need the most players we can gather, and at least 10 slots for each so we can fill MM faster (I could make this alone but it sucks you know - furthermore, the more people testing, the more reliable results). I've already tested expired (delisted) items and getting back those items, but we still need to check some features:
  • * Items being add to stack list (storage) after inventory list is full (over 99 items in MM inventory, including its equipment)
    * finding an item in stack with !find (a item that's not on inventory list)
    * buying/getting back items from stack
    * !info returning correct data
    * check if the bug reported here does not occur anymore.
Also note that !relist does not exist anymore. It's not like it was being used looking at the current situation... :?
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

made save -> safe. per Barchaul
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

cleared and restarted MM all slots should be usable again and MM should be in a test ready state now.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Bump! Please test the forest bow quest and ManaMarket
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

My first three characters are missing on this server.

They exist on main, and Wushins Herc testing server.

Forest Bow Quest worked fine with a 46 level alt, he got bow with only 28 logs getting broken. Mana Market did not work at all for me. But since my main alt was missing, the alt I tied with was not signed up anyway. But even !info and !list gave no answer. Went ahead and got the Wooden Shield too.
Attachments
test.png
test.png (36.16 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Qwerty Dragon wrote:My first three characters are missing on this server.
They exist on main, and Wushins Herc testing server.
The main server and the 2 test servers each use a different user DB but the one on the main test server has not been updated in a while. The one on Hercules is updated frequently.
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

I think we should drop public test for ManaMarket by now. I can't do much about it as I can't see what's wrong so the best thing by now is testing all these features locally by myself until I'm sure it's stable (or it looks like at least).

Furthermore I'm stuck in a potential bug that is related to TMWA other than the bot (quadrichecked bot routines and potential leaks so I'm really sure it's not related to it). As I suck with C++ I don't think it's going to be solved any soon so there's no use in keeping it by now.
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber