Connecting to gameserver with linux issue

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

toplomj3r
Newly Registered User

Connecting to gameserver with linux issue

Post by toplomj3r »

Hi guys,

I've been trying to connect to my gameserver with manaplus on linux (ubuntu and xubuntu) entire day but everytime i get the same error message "Error,Couldn't connect to remote host".

The thing is that I CAN connect to my server with my other computers (OSX and W7) but only linux has the issue.
All computers are in same wireless network so firewalling and blocking ports is not an issue.
I'm running out of ideas what could I do to make linux successfully connect without prompting error.

Does anyone have a clue what could I do to fix this ?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Connecting to gameserver with linux issue

Post by gumi »

Hm, I have had that exact same problem but I do not remember how I solve it.
The problem is not linux-related, it is because you try to connect to the server from the server.

My suggestion:
uncomment "allow" in /login/conf/login_athena.conf

If it doesn't work, change "display_parse_login" to "yes" to see debug information
toplomj3r
Newly Registered User

Post by toplomj3r »

meko wrote:
If it doesn't work, change "display_parse_login" to "yes" to see debug information
Debug info as you refer it should be in login/log/login.log ?

Also I tried what you proposed but no luck.
Player autentication is ok but after that something brakes as you can se below.

2015-03-03 09:31:32.377: Sending of the server version (ip: XXX)
2015-03-03 09:31:39.740: Request for connection (non encryption mode) of tester (ip: XXX).
2015-03-03 09:31:39.740: Authentification accepted (account: tester (id: 2000010), ip: XXX)

I think the problem happens when server needs to retrieve users charachters and connect credentials with user account.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Have you tried connecting to it with the ip 127.0.0.1?
Also check the little box in mana+ that says same IP for all servers.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
toplomj3r
Newly Registered User

Post by toplomj3r »

MadCamel wrote: Also check the little box in mana+ that says same IP for all servers.
This solved issue for the moment. Tnx a lot.