Make the Snake Pit hardcore again

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Do you want the old Snake Pit back?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 13
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Make the Snake Pit hardcore again

Post by Travolta »

Hello Mana folks!

I like that the snake pit is now connected to Tulimshar mines and to the Mountain caves. But what I don't like -- it's not a fun place anymore! Long ago it was a challenge to enter it and come out alive. We even had "clear the snake pit" events, when most of the server was needed to succeed in the task. My favourite class is archer, and sometimes I used to go there alone to test my skills.

Now there is way less snakes, instead there are giant maggots and skorpions. I agree, those creatures make sense there, but still, it's not a snake "pit" anymore, just a cave with about 20 snakes. It's not even a challenge for a small group of low level archers.

Please vote for making the Snake Pit a hell of a place again!

----
Travolta
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Make the Snake Pit hardcore again

Post by wushin »

Yeah, I think we can. Although Cassy had plans for it in the Witch Cult Quest as well.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Make the Snake Pit hardcore again

Post by Cassy »

wushin wrote:Yeah, I think we can. Although Cassy had plans for it in the Witch Cult Quest as well.
No worries, I could easily change the mob spawns for that area.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy