Darkhelm

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Darkhelm

Post by ginosuper »

So... me and some others have been looking into the code of The Mana World.

It is stated that Krukan should drop a Darkhelm with the slim chance of 0,02% (https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... er_100.txt)

However, the Darkhelm is stated as "Unreleased item" here: (https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... b_head.txt)

My question is: Does Krukan and will Krukan ever drop a Darkhelm?

- ginosuper
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Darkhelm

Post by deepthought »

I know this from Wushin, krukan will drop darkhelm. Its unreleased in the sense no one has obtained it in the game yet.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

deepthought wrote:Its unreleased in the sense no one has obtained it in the game yet.
No mob (and no script) drop DarkHelm (I did a recursive grep on /world/map). Furthermore, to make the dark helm work we would need to modify tmwa to add a way to get "bAtkRange" (it uses readparam but bAtkRange is not a param)
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

On the test server, the item Darkhelm does work, that's mostly why I've been wondering.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

ginosuper wrote:On the test server, the item Darkhelm does work, that's mostly why I've been wondering.
The item work but its effect will not work as it is expected to
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Okay. Do you possibly know if the Darkhelm will come in-game soon or not?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Code: Select all

bonus bAtkRange, -((readparam(bAtkRange)/2));
This is supposed to make the dark helm reduce your attack range by half. But the problematic part is readparam(bAtkRange) because bAtkRange is not a param so there is no way to get its value. Basically it does bonus bAtkRange, -( 0/2 );. To make it work we would need to add a new builtin (script function) to get its value.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

I see. I guess that's kinda hard to do?
TMW Masters
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

ginosuper wrote:I see. I guess that's kinda hard to do?
No but if it's only for one item I don't think it's worth making a new builtin. So it's up to wushin to decide what to do
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

I'd agree with that, but why add the item to TMW if it's probably not even going to be released?
TMW Masters
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Because if we waited for things to be finished before adding to the game then tmw would have no content. It is a perpetual WIP
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Okay, that makes sense.
TMW Masters
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

How about that wouldn't be the only gear that changes attack reach ? We should do some googles that increase it.
Or I'd say this is a good idea for an assassin class : high Agi, high Str, high Chn and an extended melee reach to beat up most monsters.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.