[test] Sex change

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Should it cost less to change your sex?

Keep it 10'000gp
50%
Lower it to 5'000gp
10%
Lower it to 1'000gp
No votes
Lower it to 500gp
No votes
Remove the cost altogether
40%

Total votes: 20
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[test] Sex change

Post by gumi »

You can now talk to Eurni (test server) to change your sex to your heart's content without being disconnected. Please test and post here if you find a bug.

What is normal:
- Your now have boobs (or jewels if you were a girl)
- You are nude
- You lost money

Please check and report if:
- You lost items
- You lost more or less money than what Eurni says it cost
- You still see +something in the stat window (like int+2)
- You can not equip items after the sex change
- Any other bug not listed here
Last edited by gumi on 21 Apr 2015, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Re: [test] Sex change

Post by ginosuper »

I just tested it and everything seems as it was intended. It costed 10000GP (like Eurni said) and he instantly changed the sex without any need of relogin. I tried to attack monsters, equip items, walk around, change stats etc etc. I tested both male to female and female to male and everything works fine.
TMW Masters
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Post by Virtual Reality »

Would it be possible to re-equip the items after un-equipping them? Or are there gender-specific items preventing this?
Also: Could the server be modified to have the gender character-independent (instead of account-wide)?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Virtual Reality wrote:Would it be possible to re-equip the items after un-equipping them?
I'll look into this
Virtual Reality wrote:Also: Could the server be modified to have the gender character-independent (instead of account-wide)?
Technically, everything can be modified but I don't know if it would mess with manaplus
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

I added a poll to the topic.

I do not know why it should cost you 10k gp to change sex when you are unhappy with your current sex. In my opinion, you should have the liberty to change your sex at any time, without any cost. The barber is free so why should the sex change cost money? In my opinion, TMW should be gender-neutral and allow you to be whatever you want to be without a monetary constraint.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I voted Free, Sex Changes for everyone!
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

It unbelievable to perform surgery without getting paid at all. I would say keep the current cost and add small fee for the barber. Not everyday people use their service anyway. So I voted.
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

SDN wrote:It unbelievable to perform surgery without getting paid at all. I would say keep the current cost and add small fee for the barber. Not everyday people use their service anyway. So I voted.
Yeah I think adding a small fee for the barber makes sense. 100GP or something would probably be reasonable.
darwingregory
Newly Registered User

Post by darwingregory »

I had tested it and it works fine so i voted.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Changing sex shouldn't cost much so even a new player is able to pay to it. However it should take a small amount in my opinion (and maybe more if you are a higher level?) to prevent people switching sex all the time.

Also I'm curious what will happen if there are 2 players, and of one them changes his/her sex. Will the other one also see the change immediately, or does he/she have to exit the map, and come back again before seeing the change?
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

EJlol wrote:Changing sex shouldn't cost much so even a new player is able to pay to it. However it should take a small amount in my opinion (and maybe more if you are a higher level?) to prevent people switching sex all the time.

Also I'm curious what will happen if there are 2 players, and of one them changes his/her sex. Will the other one also see the change immediately, or does he/she have to exit the map, and come back again before seeing the change?
It's immediate. I just tested it to confirm.