[Poll] Quest Log Format

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Which case would you like the Quest Log to be?

First Person (like a journal): "I completed the quest and saved the princess! Now I should go check this out..."
23%
Second Person (speaking as an entity to the player): "Great job saving the princess! You should go check this out..."
62%
Third Person (an account of the player's actions): "Having saved the Princess, Player_Name_Here went on to check out something else..."
No votes
Matter-of-fact statements: "Quest Complete. Go check this out..."
15%

Total votes: 13
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

[Poll] Quest Log Format

Post by Virtual Reality »

What do you prefer?
Do you have any other comments or suggestions regarding the quest log?

If you don't know what the quest log is, it's basically a way for the player to keep track of the quests that they've undertaken and is accessible as a window within the client.
vegasarc
Newly Registered User

Re: [Poll] Quest Log Format

Post by vegasarc »

my vote goes for first person, as a journal.. it would imply a quest-like theme and would be my choice ;)
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Re: [Poll] Quest Log Format

Post by Virtual Reality »

vegasarc wrote:my vote goes for first person, as a journal.. it would imply a quest-like theme and would be my choice ;)
Unfortunately, you seem to be out-voted. However, that may change if/when more users vote.
You should be able to see the quest log for a few early quests in Candor when the next version goes live.
For now, though, you can read what I have so far here.
I'd love to hear what you think!