ModelMMORPG - The Quest for the Dragon Egg now available!

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

mschatten
Newly Registered User

ModelMMORPG - The Quest for the Dragon Egg now available!

Post by mschatten »

Dear friends,

we have finally started with our data collection phase on the ModelMMORPG project (http://ai.foi.hr/modelmmorpg).

We have implemented a new quest (the quest for the dragon egg) available in Tulimshar castle. The quest is parties only, and asks you to find a dragon egg (which are layed on 3 locations randomly) and hatch it to get the ability to summon dragons in battle.

The game site is online at http://dragon.foi.hr.

For anyone who hasn't heard about the project up to now, ModelMMORPG is a scientific project in which we are trying to implement AI players (multi-agent systems) that will organize to solve complex quests in TMW. In order to do so, we will try to collect data from players to find patterns of organizational behaviour through various methods including social network analysis and natural language processing. But, to be able to collect this data, we needed to implement additional features to the ManaPlus client (e.g. we implemented a Python script that wraps around ManaPlus and sends logging data back to our server). All data is anonymized and here is our privacy policy http://dragon.foi.hr/?page_id=1699.

If anyone is interested to contribute to this project, by playing of course, we would be glad to invite you! You can download our unofficial client at http://dragon.foi.hr/?page_id=1667 (windows and independand Python egg are available).

The source will be published soon on GitHub, as soon as we have ironed out a few issues (we need to implement config files, since currently server specific data is hardcoded on some places). Partial code is available at:

https://bitbucket.org/lpredova/dragonwebapi/src/
https://bitbucket.org/lpredova/dragonclient/src
https://bitbucket.org/lpredova/dragonserverscripts/src

Also, any bug reports, suggestions and critique are trully welcome!

All the best,

M.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: ModelMMORPG - The Quest for the Dragon Egg now available

Post by wushin »

good job, looks interesting.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

I don't know what is that map in the background but it looks epic! can we steal that?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Its open source meko so there is no stealing, besides that map is from tiles on OGA. I forget which set it is.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Mschatten, We've had some reports the windows installer is not working.

<ozthokk> Tried to play this Quest for the dragon egg game at it says my version of windows is not compatible, i have windows 7 by the way:(
<ozthokk> Hello? Anyone there to help me?
<Mikko-> ozthokk, the windows installer doesn't work?
<ozthokk> i guess not, i tried to install it twice, i can play all other games but not this new one:/
mschatten
Newly Registered User

Post by mschatten »

wushin, thank you for the info!

Was there any additional information about the bug. I actually tested the installer on Win7 myself, so it might be that the os name is somehow different from the usual string...

Best,

M.
mschatten
Newly Registered User

Post by mschatten »

meko wrote:I don't know what is that map in the background but it looks epic! can we steal that?
Anything that comes out from the project will be contributed back to TMW (code, site, data etc.). The background was chosen by a web designer which we employed to design the website, but to be honest I have no idea where he got it from. He was free to use any open and creative commons materials...

Best,

M.
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

mschatten wrote:wushin, thank you for the info!

Was there any additional information about the bug. I actually tested the installer on Win7 myself, so it might be that the os name is somehow different from the usual string...

Best,

M.
Sorry i did not report this problem my self, but here is the name of my OS----- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. if any more info is needed, please contact me via this forum, thank you :wink:
mschatten
Newly Registered User

Post by mschatten »

ozthokk wrote: Sorry i did not report this problem my self, but here is the name of my OS----- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. if any more info is needed, please contact me via this forum, thank you :wink:
Hi,

no problem, can you tell me the exact error message you are getting? Also, which ManaPlus client have you been using for the other games?

Best,

M.
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

mschatten wrote:
ozthokk wrote: Sorry i did not report this problem my self, but here is the name of my OS----- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional. if any more info is needed, please contact me via this forum, thank you :wink:
Hi,

no problem, can you tell me the exact error message you are getting? Also, which ManaPlus client have you been using for the other games?

Best,

M.
Ok, Error message is as followed----

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Window's you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an 86(32-bit) or 64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

As for my Manaplus client, it is 1.5.5.23
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Also report from winxp 32 bit.
Binary is not windows executable.
mschatten
Newly Registered User

Post by mschatten »

4144 wrote:Also report from winxp 32 bit.
Binary is not windows executable.

Sorry for the long wait, but there are to many commitments per unit of time....

The problem seems to be that the executable has been compiled with a 64-bit py2exe instead of a 32-bit version. Could you try the following installer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnmgu0rkn3x1h ... 2.exe?dl=1

In case it works, I'll put an update to the main repository.

Best,

M.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Please add this to the list of dependencies on your download page:
- python-tk
- python-pil.imagetk
pateame

Post by pateame »

As project branch is quite fun, as social network experiment is quite interesting. I wish more people start doing this kind of projects where groups learn from each other and get some fun too.
Thanks for sharing!