@pvp and healing

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Should healing a player with @pvp enabled be restricted ?

Poll ended at 04 Jun 2015, 20:07

You should be able to heal anyone, regardless if @pvp is enabled or not
20%
You should only be able to heal players with @pvp enabled if you enable it too
80%

Total votes: 10
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

@pvp and healing

Post by gumi »

In my opinion it is unfair to allow someone that doesn't have @pvp enabled to heal players that have it enabled therefore I suggest that:

you CAN heal if you and the player BOTH have @pvp enabled
you CAN heal if you and the player BOTH have @pvp disabled
you CAN heal if you have @pvp enabled and the player have it disabled
you CAN NOT heal if you have @pvp disabled and the player have it enabled
Last edited by gumi on 24 Jun 2015, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: @pvp and healing

Post by Cassy »

We have to consider that you can quickly en-/disable @pvp so if possible there should be a cooldown.
Other than that +1 ;)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

There is already a cooldown but It was reported many times that the @pvp cooldown is too short so maybe it should be increased?
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

What about warmup times? Are they possible? So lets say you cast @pvp, and then need to wait 5 minutes before it actually changes the pvp setting. I think that will work better than a cooldown time.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

EJlol wrote:What about warmup times? Are they possible? So lets say you cast @pvp, and then need to wait 5 minutes before it actually changes the pvp setting. I think that will work better than a cooldown time.
brilliant!

wushin, do we do this?
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

meko wrote:There is already a cooldown but It was reported many times that the @pvp cooldown is too short so maybe it should be increased?
heh then it's so short that I didn't notice it :D

I like EJlol's idea too.
Make it ~1 minute and it sounds good :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

It's not only about healing. Other spells give you advantage as well. For example, what if you asorm or betsanc players who are in @pvp state? This should be punished. Either autoban or instant death. Autoban is more preferable, since #2 can still be exploited. In general I recommend autobanning using ANY magic of non-pvp players on pvp players.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

rumly111 wrote:In general I recommend autobanning using ANY magic of non-pvp players on pvp players.
WUT

and even with autobanning it can be exploited:
1. enable @pvp
2. betsanc someone
3. disable @pvp
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

meko wrote:
rumly111 wrote:In general I recommend autobanning using ANY magic of non-pvp players on pvp players.
WUT

and even with autobanning it can be exploited:
1. enable @pvp
2. betsanc someone
3. disable @pvp
The mage can be killed while he's in "pvp" state
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

whatever. autobanning is not gonna happen
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Poll closed
I'll make a pull request to address the problem
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

What about this idea? If a non-pvp mage casts any spell (#inma, #betsanc, #asorm) on a pvp player, the server forces the mage into the @pvp state. So it can be punished by the players themselves. Oh and of course the cooldown for changing @pvp state should be higher.
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

This is the best idea i found so far. Great! Instead of punishing someone according to whatever rules, just make it legal by altering the constraints.