In Game Guild management [DIS]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

In Game Guild management [DIS]

Post by wushin »

Rawng was written guild back into the current TMWA. We could start using "Ye Olde Guild" again in-game.

The question is HOW do we want this controlled or enabled?

Who gets to create a guild?

How many guilds does someone get?

Please voice, questions, comments or concerns on this thread. The Devs would really like to start moving this forward.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: In Game Guild management [DIS]

Post by Chicka-Maria »

IMO anybody should be able to make a guild but it should only be 1 guild per character. It works well like this in other games and it keeps things balanced imo.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

1. The one's who are able to create guild are players who have been online for atleast 300 hours.

2. Its better to do guild creation via forums when the one who wants to create guild should get atleast 20 votes for his guild. Otherwise there would be so many guild as parties which would be meaningless.

3. Just 1 guild per person not character.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

There is no way (as of now) to check the number of hours played. We can only calculate how long ago the account was created.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well TUT_VAR does have a time tick from when they started playing.

Agree on some sort of voting method.

Agree on limiting the guilds in some such way so that not everyone is making 90 guilds.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

wushin wrote:Well TUT_VAR does have a time tick from when they started playing.
Let's say you make a character, play it for 5 minutes and then never touch it again until 2 years later. You would be allowed to make a guild even with only 5 minutes of game play. There is no way to tell only from the time you first played how long you have actually played in total.

I can also see another problem. If the TUT_VAR did not exist back when the player started playing then the player would have 0 play time. This means that very old accounts might be treated as being new.

In my opinion the guild applications should be kept in an array and then a GM manually approves or rejects them. This way we can truly ensure that the player is not a new player and we can also prevent people from registering guild names with obscene words in it
Rawng
Peon
Peon

Post by Rawng »

I think that guilds should be:
  • One per character
  • Creatable by a character that is a certain level or completed a certain quest line
Personally, I don't think guilds should be subject to voting. I think it's a better game experience to make as much in game content accessible only by playing, and not require forum activity.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Meko,
Why add more lines of code ? Just like voting GM, the name of the guild and the player behind it will post here in forums and if he gets x no of votes, his guild will be approved and will be created by a gm or game admin. I think the person who's in-charge of GM polls in forums will also be able to handle guild polls and guild creation.

If we cant tell a player whether how many hours has he played we make some other rules. Lets say that player needs to have atleast one 99 level character which he has played or two 90 level characters to create guild.

As limit on no of team members in party has been removed, there isn't much difference between party and guild. I propose the following things :

1. Guild Bank, which guild admins can use and the items that have been in guild bank will be owned by that guild forever. they cant be transfered to other player outside the guild or sold in manamarket.
2. Guild Hall, a place where guild members can hang around
3. Guild Battles, The same npc who initiates pvp battles can also make guild battles.
4. A player can't be in two guilds with 2 different characters or accounts. All characters of the player and his alts should be linked to the guild.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Rawng wrote:I think that guilds should be:
Creatable by a character that is a certain level or completed a certain quest line[/list]
How about the requirement of guild creation is completion of Milly's Hero Quest ? I think this is enough.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

deepthought wrote:How about the requirement of guild creation is completion of Milly's Hero Quest ? I think this is enough.
+1
Rawng
Peon
Peon

Post by Rawng »

deepthought wrote: 0. As limit on no of team members in party has been removed, there isn't much difference between party and guild. I propose the following things :

1. Guild Bank, which guild admins can use and the items that have been in guild bank will be owned by that guild forever. they cant be transfered to other player outside the guild or sold in manamarket.
2. Guild Hall, a place where guild members can hang around
3. Guild Battles, The same npc who initiates pvp battles can also make guild battles.
4. A player can't be in two guilds with 2 different characters or accounts. All characters of the player and his alts should be linked to the guild.
0: parties should have limits imposed again, maybe 7-14 (random numbers)

1: this might be doable but requires further modification to code. I don't think items currently have any unique identifiers that could be used to enforce logic like that. Interesting idea though.

2: good idea, but would require either map instancing or some unique maps for guilds halls.

3: no complaints here.

4: I'd rather not see this :?

Eventually I'd like to add guilds leveling, with special skills or perks being associated with higher level guilds.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Wushin,

There's also something you have to notice. There aren't more than 100 active players these days. At max including the ones who come online rarely we have 100 players maybe. If we consider atleast 20 players per guild then we would need just 5 guilds. How many guild we have now and do we really need extra guilds and if so, how many ?
chaslinux
Novice
Novice

Post by chaslinux »

Some sort of new cooperative quest should be completed for the character to start a guild. Each character can only have 1 guild (but have the option of quitting/disbanding the guild and starting another).

The quest should be sufficiently difficult that it takes multiple players to complete the quest, but the primary character should be of sufficient level so that a low level character can't just stack his party with level 99s and become the guild leader. As someone else put it, like the Milly quest (but not that quest).

Shared stash is nice, but I think items should be tradeable/sell-able outside of the guild (commerce).
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Welcome Back Tarq
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

I would agree on some type of control like "1 guild for account" but I don't see good to do a public voting to create a guild, since other guilds could just take the "competence" down.