Make Cindy Quest re-doable

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Cost to re-do the quest once completed

free
No votes
10 keys <= same as it costs to use a mule as of now
86%
15 keys
No votes
20 keys
No votes
25 keys
No votes
30 keys
No votes
50 keys
No votes
80 keys
No votes
100 keys
7%
something else than keys (post your suggestions)
7%

Total votes: 14
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Make Cindy Quest re-doable

Post by gumi »

What is the meaning of this comment Celestia??
You was a part of the ppl with we had the discussion about doing the Rossy quest re doable.
Celestia you were the person REALLY PISSED OFF, no??
why Meko sigh? you dont want to do it properly to give players what they want?
So why you touch something???
Let it like this nobody ask you something, you bring in the question so you receive the answer.
The answer doesnt plz you ???? dont ask
[...]
SO WHY TOUCHING SOMETHING???
There was a bug that we did not catch on test server (lack of testers) that made its way on to the main server that broke some cindy mules by doing an instant win. After we fixed the bug, I asked if we could reset the cindy quest state of the affected accounts but we have no way to know what accounts were affected by it. Therefore, to avoid those players having to grind a new char up to level 70 all over again I suggested a workaround: make the cindy quest re-doable without needing mules. This was NOT intended to be a quest extension, only a way to enable those players to continue using cindy even without a mule. If we later choose to extend the quest then so be it, this is only temporary until someone codes something better.
So the deal is so simple??
or you shut up and take all the trash you desserve or you code??
And in case that you will try to code we and all of our friends will make you regret to try to code....
[...]
you dont even understand that you way of thinking is just insane
[...]
I explain it clearly for you this time dumbass
[...]
Oh no of course you have a short memory... oh yes not short but selective
Please refrain from making personal attacks. I don't know about your country but in Canada cyber intimidation is an infraction to both the Civil and the Criminal penal codes and is directly infringing the Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

As for the matter with o11c please talk to the TMWC if you have something to say.
you put all the map pvp, what player ask this, dev are players??
Why the terra cave is not free of pvp??
BECAUSE ONLY DEV PLAY???
Because they do it so they can do whatever they want??
how many pvp arena there are in game???
1?? 2?? 3?? or more???
I guess you are referring to the @pvp feature. This is opt-in so it means that only players that WANT to take part in pvp will be able to attack or get attacked. It does not force anyone to take part in pvp if they don't want to. If you are not satisfied with the fact that the terra cave has pvp then you are welcome to make a poll on the Content Suggestions forum.
you have removed after a hard hunt the yellow beret to dont do the quest related to this item...tyvm.
At first, doing a quest for the berets was very very low on my to-do list but when the item got in game because of a bug it was not fair for other players that did not have a beret. So we had 2 choices to make it even: make the quest for the berets or remove the existing beret from circulation. Since veryape took care of the matter and took the beret we can focus on the other more pressing priorities and do the beret quest later when we're done. The main focus right now is NOT to make new content but rather to implement the missing core features in TMWA that we need.
SO IF I WELL UNDERSTAND YOU DO THINGS FOR DEV AND FRIENDS?
PLAYERS DOESNT EXIST?
WHY YOU DONT PUT THIS SERVER AS PERSONNAL or PRIVATE INSTEAD PUBLIC??
Players indeed do exist but right now we are not making any new content (quests, items, mobs, ...). The goal of TMW is no longer to build a game but rather to build a game engine, a mmorpg maker. This means that we will focus on the core features (and fixing bugs too) rather than making new things. We did, indeed, at one point consider taking tmw offline and just work on our own local servers. This is because MadCamel (aka slicer) is no longer able to host the server so we would just forget about tmw (the game) and work on tmwa (the engine). But then we would not have any testers so we'll do some crowd-funding and move to a new host. If everything goes as planned, the new server will be a VPS hosted by OVH and located in Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada.
let me resume what you doing in the manaworld, this trash of game, thanks to you...
If this game is that much horrible then feel free to go play another game, no one forces you to play tmw.
And with this they make fun, some use the illia bug and some others previous bugs or some easy way to do their gp to buy all the rare they can and to keep the others players with no possible way to find gp to buy a "rare" saying kill red slime to make gp....
What does this even have to do with me? anyway, if you want to make suggestions to get rares more easily feel free to make a poll on the Content Suggestions forum
So the rule is : no beg AND it is related to your insane way of thinking :
ITS SO FUN to see that WE HAVING while you dont have and you will never have : ha ha ha ha ha
I agree with you on this, however. Many old players have piles of rares and new players can't even dream of one day obtaining them. We do, however, have plans to address this problem but that will come later, when we start working on the TNMW project (will make a new forum thread to explain the proposal when we're done drafting it)
how many ppl do you have took back their gp coz they used a bugs?
Why you didnt do the same with the illia bug....ppl selling an isis heart a 5kk now...
I am not aware of the problems that happened before I joined the project. If you want to complain then please contact TMWC.
I said nothing bad see the meko's avatar... if he can have this kind of avatar i can say what i have said mouahaahaha
Since he doesnt respect others with his own beliefs, i see nothing that will hurt you too in what i have said
The fact that you do not like my avatar does not give you the right in any way to disobey the forum rules by insulting people. If you feel offended by my avatar then please contact a GM or make a new thread on the Abuse forum.
You ask to ppl to respect the rules???
Why do you give the hint to keep the troll face in mana+?
You did it in game, in a global announce....
Is it not a rule to remove what that is not yours or under copyright?
So rules when i want in the day...and only for the others...???
It is indeed illegal to DISTRIBUTE copyrighted material without the permission of the rights holder. However, my guide clearly states that we can not distribute the troll emote and that if you want to have it you must manually add it yourself. If you own the rights to the "troll face" image and want it to be taken down then please submit a DMCA notice to github since they are the ones hosting the troll emote.
pateame

Post by pateame »

Just do it re-doable, keep it simple, like:
"If player wears a yeti shirt and a yeti head, the NPC start the quest again thinking you are a good yeti." :lol:
I like flame wars!
meko wrote:The goal of TMW is no longer to build a game but rather to build a game engine, a mmorpg maker. This means that we will focus on the core features (and fixing bugs too) rather than making new things.
If this game is that much horrible then feel free to go play another game, no one forces you to play tmw.
and I like memes too!
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Excuse me but why is there so damn much text? :shock:
Sorry, but I won't read all of that.
The question was simple: make Cindy Quest re-doable, so can we please stick to that? ;)

My answer is yes, people wanted that for a long time, including me.
Thanks @meko for coming up with this and caring about it.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

SO WHY TOUCHING SOMETHING???
There was a bug that we did not catch on test server (lack of testers)
like I said....no content no testers
why you dont make your own test? You did it for the the shake of the dev, ask dev to make the test. Why as player i will test something you didnt do for me??
And worse...you make all the bugs and now you crying that you find a bug...you find nothing you just did it and now you try to find a solution asking about what is the best to do.
Please refrain from making personal attacks. I don't know about your country but in Canada cyber intimidation is an infraction to both the Civil and the Criminal penal codes and is directly infringing the Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
As for the matter with o11c please talk to the TMWC if you have something to say.
Who care about your laws? what do you talking about???
Infringing the Section 7....mouahahahaha
START TO NOT INFRINGING THE RIGHT OF THE OTHERS BEING BEFORE HIDING YOURSELF BEHING LAW....COWARD
you dont know when you hurt ppl? try to learn...go in the street and try to talk ppl...
Im talking about law below just for you.

So if you say that someone hurt you, you use the law against him and after you feel free to do it again saying im ok i do what i want to do, the others are bad coz they attack me.....go to see your psy Freud in this case :mrgreen: I CANT DO NOTHING FOR YOU sorry

I didnt talk about 011c to say something about him but to show you how you do things in the wrong way, not today but everytime...but seems you can understand only what you can....i feel sorry for you :lol:

If insane rules all must be insane.
And what is not insane become devil...

If you are not satisfied with the fact that the terra cave has pvp then you are welcome to make a poll
about what things are we talking about? sigh

SO IF I WELL UNDERSTAND YOU DO THINGS FOR DEV AND FRIENDS?
PLAYERS DOESNT EXIST?
WHY YOU DONT PUT THIS SERVER AS PERSONNAL or PRIVATE INSTEAD PUBLIC??
Players indeed do exist but right now we are not making any new content (quests, items, mobs, ...). The goal of TMW is no longer to build a game but rather to build a game engine, a mmorpg maker. ..... [/quote]

OK NOW I UNDERSTAND, tmw is not a game anymore, thx you to be clear on this point.

let me resume what you doing in the manaworld, this trash of game, thanks to you...
MAN start to read my words, i said thanks to you....mean you turn it like that...do you understand and i mean NOT you personnally, ok??

.What does this even have to do with me? anyway, if you want to make suggestions
nice you start to understand that im not talking only for you....you take your time buddy to understand that its not a personnal thing.
And who care about my suggestion...do you take me for a dumbass after all your words about this and that? Do you start to insulting me?? :mrgreen:
I am not aware of the problems that happened before I joined the project. If you want to complain then please contact TMWC.
You are not aware???
You are not aware but all the things you do and you said show that you are aware of them. Freud can do something for you....normally.
The fact that you do not like my avatar does not give you the right in any way to disobey the forum rules by insulting people. If you feel offended by my avatar then please contact a GM or make a new thread on the
You dont understand by yourself when you do something you mustnt?
Someone have to tell you what you have to do?
Please tell me about YOUR Canada must be a terrible country...
It is indeed illegal to DISTRIBUTE copyrighted material without the permission of the rights holder. However, my guide clearly states that we can not distribute the troll emote and that if you want to have it you must manually add it yourself. If you own the rights to the "troll face" image and want it to be taken down then please
SO YOU KNOW THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT BUT YOU SAID TO OTHERS PPL TO DO IT INSTEAD OF YOU????

There is nothing in your civil and penal code about complicity???
Be carefull when you want to use the law, coz i pretty sure we can find something for you about complicity.

dont use a gun but plz take it as a gift.... MOUAHAHAHAHAHA

OK since the mana world is not a game anymore you can close the topic do what you want to do and dont ask
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

You did it for the the shake of the dev, ask dev to make the test. Why as player i will test something you didnt do for me??
Actually the bug that caused the instant cindy victory was because of a modifications made for the players. The Cindy quest (and some others) are using a function called builtin_getmapusers to calculate the difficulty based on the number of players. But the function also calculated hidden players. This means that when GMs are doing their @hugo rounds (checking that each player is not botting, while being invisible and hidden) it would also count the hidden GM, thus making it harder for the players. The patch fixes this problem by making the function not count hidden players.
Who care about your laws? what do you talking about???
It merely means that cyber-bullying is against several laws and that it would be in my rights to sue you if I feel attacked or harassed.
OK NOW I UNDERSTAND, tmw is not a game anymore, thx you to be clear on this point.
TMW is merely a game implementing the TMWA game engine. The main focus is currently on the engine. This means we don't change the game unless the engine requires it or there's a bug. Once we have a solid engine we can start working once again on TMW but we will likely drop TMW and work on the TNMW project instead so that we can burn everything and start over with fresh content.
You are not aware???
You are not aware but all the things you do and you said show that you are aware of them. Freud can do something for you....normally.
I'm not an all-seeing god, I do know some things about some events that happened in the past but that doesn't mean I know everything. I am not aware about the problem you are referring to. I do not know what happened or how the devs/GMs reacted.
There is nothing in your civil and penal code about complicity???
Be carefull when you want to use the law, coz i pretty sure we can find something for you about complicity.
http://www.cpcc.ca/en/the-cpcc/private- ... -copyright
In Canada making personal copies of copyrighted works is legal as long as you don't distribute or sell them. No idea about other countries but I guess it's the same.

Please stay on topic. If you want to start a cockfight then please do so elsewhere than in the Development forums.
This thread is about the Cindy quest. If you wish to talk about other things you can do it in the Feedback forum.
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Post by Celestia »

I just realized that having the cost of the Cindy quest go up per attempt is likely not the best idea because of the "noob abuse" that happens at Cindy at times. Often times dishonest players will pretend to help the person beat Cindy when setting the hero up to get killed in order to milk out as many free Cindy runs as possible from their poor Cindy sheep. I've lost track of how many times I've encountered victims who though it would take 20+ people to be able to win who though I was crazy at first and then that I had legendary archer skills when I was about to help them beat it with just the 2 of us on the first try. So my vote is increasing the cost per try will only hurt the newer players by letting the cheapskate trolls screw them over even more than they are now.

At first I did not understand the purpose of this fix was to address the problem of some Cindy mules being destroyed by making Cindy mules obsolete. In that case why not just take the simple path of keeping thing as they are now and just change Cindy's dialogue upon being saved to end with an option between something like "bye see you at your house" to exit and "that was fun take 10 keys and lets do it again" which starts a new round of the fight. Everything else stays the same in a minimalist solution that does not require a major rewrite that Meko was after in the first place.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

If we don't increase the cost on failure then the cost to re-do the cindy quest after it's completed should not be higher than the cost to start it when not completed so that means it would always cost 10 keys to start it no matter if you already took the reward or not
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Post by Celestia »

meko wrote:If we don't increase the cost on failure then the cost to re-do the cindy quest after it's completed should not be higher than the cost to start it when not completed so that means it would always cost 10 keys to start it no matter if you already took the reward or not
Exactly that is the point that I was aiming to make. Just keep it at 10 keys to both do and re-do to hopefully discourage exploiting the chars that are trying to do it the first time.
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

Here's a mid-level not-enough-time player's opinion : If you like a quest enough to make it again at the cost of upping a charater up to level 70, it is totally worth to be redoable.

I also think that raising the price on failure or trolling isn't nice for early players. I wouldn't mind that much needing 20 keys every time, but not increasing up to 100. Once I've finished it once, I'm ok with it, but not before.

Big Out Subject here :

And I fastly read through the argument, and read something interesting : the dev team is actually working on the engine ?
You should reply that more often want members ask for content. Not that I don't like new content, but it should be more a we're doing something else, if you want it, gather some people and do it yourself.
About making a totally new game with the engine... I would find that regrettable, or at least, use some (a lot) of assets from the current game, 'cause to me it feels like wasting so much work for very few results.
I'm sure working around with what we have would work, even at the price of some temporarily unhappy players. For example, if you get down the power of most current weapons when adding others... sure some will hate it... until they get the new ones.
I don't know if that is actually easier in term of code, but in terms of community, we will experience fewer loss than with a totally new game.

We would loose most of our achievers and a big part of our socialisers. I'm not the one to judge if it's good or bad, just that we could have to start from scratch also at the community level... and it might not work.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

I have a question, after one of the redo's what will be the prize, daily points as usual or like Illia (gp, exp and boss points) or a combination of the two?
DragonStar
Peon
Peon

Post by DragonStar »

I think the prize after a redo should probably be daily points, like when completing Cindy after the first time now.