Make Cindy Quest re-doable

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Cost to re-do the quest once completed

free
No votes
10 keys <= same as it costs to use a mule as of now
86%
15 keys
No votes
20 keys
No votes
25 keys
No votes
30 keys
No votes
50 keys
No votes
80 keys
No votes
100 keys
7%
something else than keys (post your suggestions)
7%

Total votes: 14
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Make Cindy Quest re-doable

Post by gumi »

The cindy quest will become a re-doable quest but we need your opinion on what cost it should be.

First of all, cindy "mules" will no longer be economically viable since it will be cheaper to complete the quest AND THEN re-do it. When you start the cindy quest it will register this as your first attempt. If you fail, when you start the quest again it will register as 2nd attempt and so on until a max of 10th. Every time you start the quest it will require 10 x no of attempt keys. In simpler words:
  • The first time you start the quest it costs 10 x 1 keys (10)
  • The second time it will cost 10 x 2 keys (20)
  • The third time it will cost 10 x 3 keys (30)
  • (...)
  • The 10th time it will cost 10 x 10 keys (100)
  • The 11th time it will cost 10 x 10 keys (100)
  • The 12th time it will cost 10 x 10 keys (100)
  • and so on

However, the quest will be re-doable once it is completed. This means that you can get the rewards and still re-do the quest after and the cost will NOT increase every time like it would if you purposely fail the quest and never complete it (using mules). If you already completed the quest once, you will not get the rewards twice. The question is what should it cost to re-do the quest once you completed it? 10 keys or more?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Make Cindy Quest re-doable

Post by wushin »

I say a mix of Items. Possibly make a Quest extension called "Vanquish the Yetis" Where you need a bunch of Meat and Fur to draw out all the yetis. Kinda like a "Hard Mode" cindy with more Yeti Spawns. (25 meat and 25 fur)
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

My suggestion is to make it a follow up thing to the cindy quest, maybe cindy can tell you how she dropped fur and meat and got jumped by yetis, when you do it in a special room (maybe one of the yeti rooms that is close to the cindy room) you get jumped by a few waves of yetis. No bp/daily points.

I think it should be distinguished from the Cindy quest so that people doesn't get tired of the cindy quest. The new players needs help with that quest and if everyone can start Cindys all the time it might get hard for the newer players to get a team going.

That is my view of it.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Post by Celestia »

I think in response to Ape's concern about new players needing help with Cindy is to keep the cost to redo Cindy on "hard mode" would be to make it more expensive but not too expensive as to kill off the Cindy parties. Consider the crypt, for the most part people only do General Krukan because most people view it as a reasonable price but nobody does General Razha and General Terogan (except a few times just to see what it is) because the cost is way too high and the rewards too low to justify fighting zombies for hours just to be able to host a single round. For only keys I would say no more than 30 keys or maybe something like Wushin's idea of 25 fur and 25 meat (or many animal bones so people have to farm the items and not just buy steak). As for the rewards I think the bonus daily points are fine but it might not be a bad idea to reduce the number of bonus daily points a bit. Krukan is only 25 bonus daily points and I think everybody will agree that Cindy so maybe somewhere in the 20 to 30 range. This will also eliminate Ape's concern about new players finding it harder to get help as it will give higher rewards for helping new players vs doing the hard Cindy runs for fun. In fact I like this idea of making Cindy a bit like the Christmas quest fight of a hard difficulty that can be easily replayed. Not to mention you can be sure that I will be up for the challenge of beating the new hard Cindy solo :D
Barchaul
Peon
Peon

Post by Barchaul »

I like the idea of making Cindy re-doable without having to use a mule to start it. As for the cost, I believe that something other than keys should be necessary. You have saved Cindy and no longer need any keys to open the cage. In my opinion, only one item should be needed. Fifty (50) animal bones (which can be farmed from four different sources) is my suggestion. Also, having it change to hard mode is a great idea. It would require a team effort (or one very skilled player) in order to win. Keep the daily bonus the same or reduce it and add 5 - 10 boss points as the reward, because there needs to be an incentive for players to want to try it.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Would it hurt to come up with new ideas?

The Easter quest is reused, the Christmas quest is reused.

New content would not hurt the game at all, reuse quests from the past that no one as seen! Maybe change the prizes, maybe not.

So to answer your question, time spent making Cindy repeatable......it's not high on my list.

My 2 cents.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

sigh, I didn't want to have to write a new cindy quest or extend it
t_t
just wanted to make it re-doable so no need for mules
Barchaul
Peon
Peon

Post by Barchaul »

After further review, meko has the best idea. Keep it simple and just make the quest re-doable. Why go through all the hassle of changing or adding a bunch of other BS. The quest is good as it is, just needs an update to make it re-doable.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

What about using some boss points for each Cindy round?
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Barchaul wrote:After further review, meko has the best idea. Keep it simple and just make the quest re-doable. Why go through all the hassle of changing or adding a bunch of other BS. The quest is good as it is, just needs an update to make it re-doable.
Exactly my opinion :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

prsm wrote:Would it hurt to come up with new ideas?

The Easter quest is reused, the Christmas quest is reused.

New content would not hurt the game at all, reuse quests from the past that no one as seen! Maybe change the prizes, maybe not.

So to answer your question, time spent making Cindy repeatable......it's not high on my list.

My 2 cents.

Prsm
+1.
I know i have said this many times but we need new quests. The cindy quest as it is now is good.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Make Rossy Quest re-doable

Post by Altus Institute »

Hi,

i saw about Cindy quest to be re doable.
After talking with some others players i post it.
So what about the Rossy quest?

for a team of 4 players max, that mean you can be 2 min.
So you can be 3 too.

After you get your black boots, Rossy have conscious that something terrible happens.
She ask you some help to destroy the differents nest all over the world.
She will use her magic (since she is graduate) to find the differents place.

1 arena in Tulim, using the phaet arena...or a place where the troll are or else.
1 arena under Hurnscald or in the northen mine (there are a lot of place we can use for this)
1 arena for the final boss under the nivalis city, not where orum is, or somewhere in the cave near the blue sage mansion.

but this quest will be only for the char under lv85, so it a good quest for low level to do something in team to break the daily gy or the daily troll cave to lv up.

the line might be something like this.
You have to share the team in 2, and break the powerful seal in tulim and hurns.
you will have to kill all the wave of monsters...

Once you go back to Rossy, she said no, no the hero must be in this cave, because only you have the power to break all the seals...so you have to do again the fight but the team have to switch between the cave. So this can be a random, if the hero go in hurns he have to do it again but this time in tulim.

once you won, you go back to cindy, she is really happy now the children are....in danger...something is wrong...another place appears to be the real deal..her magic show nivalis...terribly disturbed and confused she send you to eradicate the terrible boss there.

Reward: only dark black stuff ( like black stocking, black dark apprentice robe...), and each cave give you a real dark black stuff, not something like grey dark...
and 10k gp or more but 10k gp by cave seems good since you will fight in 3 caves.
and a doll dropped or not like in Rossy first part.

After Rossy quest you can have a broken doll, so there you might have the doll the real tools that the elements use to take the child.
With this the Rossy quest will be ended.

If you use all existing stuff, you will have to create nothing normally.
and you can deliver Cindy quest and Rossy quest Re doable together....
have fun an share your comments
Ty
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Post by Celestia »

meko wrote:sigh, I didn't want to have to write a new cindy quest or extend it
t_t
Good point, unless you want to step in and code it, don't place too high of demands upon the person that will be coding the quest. For the sake of simplicity the quest extensions would likely be better to look at new quests which require completion of another quest - like the Agostine's Dream Dress was a new quest which required completing both Agostine winter clothing and Lora Tay quests. The need to make the Cindy quest re-doable without mules is also important because of the Cindy mules that were destroyed in previous bug and not restored upon request.
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

Celestia wrote:
meko wrote:sigh, I didn't want to have to write a new cindy quest or extend it
Good point, unless you want to step in and code it, don't place too high of demands upon the person that will be coding the quest.
What is the meaning of this comment Celestia??
You was a part of the ppl with we had the discussion about doing the Rossy quest re doable.
Celestia you were the person REALLY PISSED OFF, no??
why Meko sigh? you dont want to do it properly to give players what they want?
So why you touch something???
Let it like this nobody ask you something, you bring in the question so you receive the answer.
The answer doesnt plz you ???? dont ask

TO GET A MULE :
take a lv1, go to the gy and talk to the caretaker.
come back to hurns and talk to airlia with 50 bones you will get lv15-20, use 200 diseased heart, and im sure you have a lot in your storage, to get lv 50, go in gy and in no time you will be lv70 with a new fresh mule ready to launch cindy for your pleasure.

SO WHY TOUCHING SOMETHING??? USE A PART OF ALL THE ITEMS YOU HAVE IN YOUR STORAGE INSTEAD TRYING TO SELL THEM TO GET SOME POOR GP TO DO NOTHING WITH

So the deal is so simple??
or you shut up and take all the trash you desserve or you code??
And in case that you will try to code we and all of our friends will make you regret to try to code....is it a good resume?

you dont even understand that you way of thinking is just insane...see your fight with o11c.
I explain it clearly for you this time dumbass: the fact is no bots on the main server, its not yes or why not, its no bots.
So the guy come online and see a bot, and a gm doing nothing while a bot is online.
The gm doesnt even report it....he said that the admin come and without being a gm acting like a gm....MOUAHAHAHAHAHAH
The rules was no bots online...mouahahahahahaha
and the funniest part : so the admin come and he didnt talk to me and ban the bot.
MOUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
the guy as gm doesnt apply a simple rule : no bots online
He took on him to let a bot online....a gm lol (because the other guys was his friend of course)
He didnt tell to someone that there was a bot online....and FINALLY MOUAHAHAHA the guy said that 011c was wrong MOUAHAHAHAHAH
AND THIS GUY ask to the others to apply the rules MOUAHAHAHAHAHA
oh my... you make me laugh so much with this....

and some others
you put all the map pvp, what player ask this, dev are players??
Why the terra cave is not free of pvp??
BECAUSE ONLY DEV PLAY???
Because they do it so they can do whatever they want??
how many pvp arena there are in game???
1?? 2?? 3?? or more???

you have removed after a hard hunt the yellow beret to dont do the quest related to this item...tyvm.

SO IF I WELL UNDERSTAND YOU DO THINGS FOR DEV AND FRIENDS?
PLAYERS DOESNT EXIST?
WHY YOU DONT PUT THIS SERVER AS PERSONNAL or PRIVATE INSTEAD PUBLIC??

How many players tried to put things into the game and your TEAM break them down??
Do you remember???
Oh no of course you have a short memory... oh yes not short but selective

let me resume what you doing in the manaworld, this trash of game, thanks to you...
Dev and theirs Friends put items ingame in 1900 BC, since nothing or just some trash.
And with this they make fun, some use the illia bug and some others previous bugs or some easy way to do their gp to buy all the rare they can and to keep the others players with no possible way to find gp to buy a "rare" saying kill red slime to make gp....so how many place there are in the game to farm the red slime to make gp??
1?? 2?? less???
And if you try the terra cave, of course its a pvp area, you knew this... :D

So the rule is : no beg AND it is related to your insane way of thinking :
ITS SO FUN to see that WE HAVING while you dont have and you will never have : ha ha ha ha ha

how many ppl do you have took back their gp coz they used a bugs?
Why you didnt do the same with the illia bug....ppl selling an isis heart a 5kk now...

the old fashionned who want to keep all the rare for their butt, i have an idea put them all in your butt, nobody will try to touch them anymore.
AND NOBODY HAVE TO CODE SOMETHING mouahahahaha

I said nothing bad see the meko's avatar... if he can have this kind of avatar i can say what i have said mouahaahaha
Since he doesnt respect others with his own beliefs, i see nothing that will hurt you too in what i have said :lol:

You ask to ppl to respect the rules???
Why do you give the hint to keep the troll face in mana+?
You did it in game, in a global announce....
Is it not a rule to remove what that is not yours or under copyright?
So rules when i want in the day...and only for the others...???

DEV ARE JUST A BUNCH OF ASSHOLE (dont really ready asshole, you can read idk, rock or sciccors or butterfly or whatever that will plz you :mrgreen: lol)

why am i saying all of this???
oh yes i remember now im a dog....wake up...wake up
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I don't like the way this forum is going.......

Threats and name calling are not proper here.

Keep it civil or risk having it deleted!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!