Rares & availability [DIS]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Rares & availability [DIS]

Post by EJlol »

Altus Institute wrote:So guys you hide the items in yours alts to control the manaworld economy?
Since the staff purged the accounts of the players who are not connected since 3 years that means all the guys who have these items are online hidden their ugly face behind alts, and telling everyone that rare are rare and its why they are at high price.
Worst they continuing to collect rare, telling they are new players, not allowing real new player to obtain some nice items called rare.
Worst i can understand now why some of them keep fighting with the most of players who wanted them in game....if we discover your ugly little secret, we will ruin your hobby.
How disgusting you are...
I hide my eye patch (and all my other rares) in my main. No need for an alt for that. I login once a year or something to keep my account alive, so the chance you see my eyepatch is quite small. I do not collect any more rares, though I do accept donations :lol:

And yes there is no way I would trade my eye patch (or any other rare) for anything.

:twisted:
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Hello all.
For my own. im desagree to win rare with boss point but i prefert the idea to add NPC who sell another stuff like Aviator hat for it.

To add more rare in game why do you not creat a Hat Calandar its very easy to understand.
One special day one this calandar its named Jester Day (exempl 27 march) every years GM give one Jester mask to someone who win event ( small event like slime event ).
At the end of the year you are sure all rare was added at least once.
Specifical day was not all the time in weekend. so player who play in week have luck to win rare too.

Its just an idea but i think its possible to realise it ! and make the game more funny and thanks player who play often !

i try to exlain my idea in english but its little bit difficult for me
Thanks you
Best regard
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Working on getting account figured into this list so we can track recency of account login. As last purge is 2009 and there are still accounts from then.

What would you think is a good time frame to check for active accounts? Logged in with last 1, 2, 3 years? or more?

Also working on tallying total Zeny on all characters.

I did not edit the files or manipulate the data in any way to deceive.

The only reason I did this is to see what items are in what quantities so we can discuss rarity and availability.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

wushin wrote:What would you think is a good time frame to check for active accounts? Logged in with last 1, 2, 3 years? or more?
I think 01.01.2015 until now is totally enough.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I would say 2-3 years. I know of at least 1 person who couldn't log in for about a year, but he'll probably come back when he'll get a chance to come back, so 1 year period is certainly not enough, i think at least 2 years.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

SriNitayanda wrote:Yes it is all a conspiracy of wushin he can @item whatever he wants, or modify the server files to have whatever he wants (without traces in the logs). But no... he enjoys misleading people giving them false info to feel more empowered (confirmed i just asked him about it).
Oh my.....I knew it 8) truth always pop up.... :mrgreen:
wushin wrote: I did not edit the files or manipulate the data in any way to deceive.
I dont think someone do something like this or i wouldnt play tmw anymore, and i still playing it. But the Txt about the ornament is cleary wrong.
Idk what was the condition your script took to collect the data, but it missed some account or some items, that means for me, that there are more items than the txt show.
That do not tell you do something bad or else Wushin, that only means that the script's equation is not good enough. So, please dont take it as an accusation. There always a good way to see things like they really are... :D

EJlol wrote:I hide my eye patch (and all my other rares) in my main....so the chance you see my eyepatch is quite small.
I dont understand this behaviour....why hide?
Its yours...or did you do something you are not comfortable with to hide it, in case that someone remember it and tell you something?
Atm i have the guy mask, i dont hide it, i wear it or i dont find the point to get it....
Or its for another reason?
plz if you dont mind could you explain?

soseki wrote: If they havent been used for so long you should pick some and put them on GM Storage and host a event each month.
what is that?
Nobody have to pick in some one else account.
Imagine for some reason, you cant connect the game, and gm take your items and finally you come back in game....how do you take it?
If there is a purge, the account items must be delete/erase not put in game again.
Your recycle thing is wrong, coz its bring only issue about data, and who have and collect the items and why.
And in this case, for some events, items must be created by tmwc decision to track and eventually collect data about what items are in game. Since there are no quest who release these items.
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I dont understand this behaviour....why hide?
Its yours...or did you do something you are not comfortable with to hide it, in case that someone remember it and tell you something?
Atm i have the guy mask, i dont hide it, i wear it or i dont find the point to get it....
Or its for another reason?
plz if you dont mind could you explain?
My character is wearing it. The reason I said 'hide' it is cause I (almost) never login, I don't play the game. Because my character is never online, no one sees my character and therefore it is 'hidden'. The question you really should ask is: 'Why do you never login, but do keep your character by logging in at least once a year?'. The answer to that is quite simple. If I ever want to play the game again (I doubt that though), I do not want to go through the process of training my character again. I also just don't like losing stuff.
Adrena
Peon
Peon

Post by Adrena »

I one day, gave it all to Acegi. I thought it will be a good sign, lateron i came to know, he just sold it.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

So the next step is to filter by last log of the account to determine "recent" activity in accounts (As we've not purged since 2009) to determine how many of those are in what sort of playing frequency.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

If its only to filter by activity i say last 18 months is enough.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

In case anyone else wants to work on this I'm posting my really simple scripts I churned out quick to get results.

Branch:
https://github.com/wushin/tmw-tools/tre ... ing-script

Script:
https://github.com/wushin/tmw-tools/blo ... ounting.py
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

We still need help to finish the script.

https://github.com/themanaworld/tmw-tools/pull/21
Proton
Peon
Peon

Post by Proton »

Some one complained that the devs/committee what ever has true power here doesn't listen to users. It seams you are on track on confirming him.

You started by acknowledging that "users want more availability for rares". Then for 3 pages and 4 months, you seam stuck on defining "rares". In the end the definition will be so watered down that the changes adopted will be meaningless and the users will remain unhappy.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

I feel like I have to talk here, do you even know the players that are complaining ?
I've witnessed their shady actions since the first day the started playing, all they can do is complain because they can't get those rares the easy way, it should never be easy to get them but everyone should have a small chance to get some either via events or some new quest or whatever.
Anyways this kids started getting a lot of rares when the GMs hosted the last events, they won almost everything by using multiple accounts. I even saw some of them get really expensive hats by scamming other players, and they keep doing it (if you want to check if what I'm saying is true, just make a new char, wear some expensive items and they will start coming at you like ants when they smell sugar).
And finally I think that GMs should something against this kind of behaviour.
(I won't say any names right now)
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

soseki wrote:(I won't say any names right now)
Nobody know who you are, you can say names.