Rares & availability [DIS]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Rares & availability [DIS]

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Boss points are a good idea, for new items not old ones. Like planned.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

I have found many unused hats here > https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... pment/head , are you going to introduce them or make them rares ?
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

soseki wrote:I have found many unused hats here > https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-cl ... pment/head , are you going to introduce them or make them rares ?
New hats (or any other new item) will be used for content, like quest rewards or monster drops.
Maybe they are frequently obtained or maybe rarely.

But for sure no one in the dev team wants to add new "unobtainables".
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

We need a script that can parse out inventory from the char & storage files for totals.

It will also tell us everything that is in-game.

Until this task is completed any other discussion is moot.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

wushin wrote:We need a script that can parse out inventory from the char & storage files for totals.

It will also tell us everything that is in-game.

Until this task is completed any other discussion is moot.

Code: Select all

grep -o "1278" ~/tmwAthena/tmwa-server-data/save/storage.txt* | wc -w
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Umm general idea, but needs to be a bit more complex.

The script literally needs to count every item on every char whether in inventory or storage. It also needs to include a GP count.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

wushin wrote:Umm general idea, but needs to be a bit more complex.

The script literally needs to count every item on every char whether in inventory or storage. It also needs to include a GP count.
TMW used to have stats here server.themanaworld.org/gm/ , but they aren't there anymore, maybe you can try to get those scripts back?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

As I was saying. As of about the time of the post. The attached quantities where available for items in game.
Attachments
account.txt
(16.06 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

nice, only one beret leaked after all
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Hm, interesting statistics (if it's accurate). For lazy ppl here's a list of items and their amount, those I found interesting:
Spoiler:
Crown,3
GoldenPlatemail,3
Eyepatch,71
GMCap,14
DevelopersCap,32
Cap,38
ToySabre,111
MonsterSkullHelmet,28
HighPriestCrown,36
MurdererCrown,123
Sunglasses,193
OperaMask,70
WitchHat,93
JesterMask,101
GoblinMask,98
SkullMask,418
PaperBag,585
MoubooHead,241
ScarabArmlet,151
FaceMask,145
TopHat,365
FunkyHat,317
MushHat,292
ShroomHat,322
AntlerHat,277
ChristmasElfHat,217
ChristmasTreeHat,289
SantaBeardHat,279
I'm surprised that players bought not that much Exotic Trader hats. There are more eyepatches in game than High Priest Crowns and Monster Scull Helmets combined! And yet it's harder to get the latest. Heh, funny to see 111 Toy Sabres. Either there was a big giveaway in the past, or someone used an exploit to obtain so many of them. Same thoughts about 20000 Caramel Apples :) Also it seems Sugar's crown and Chicka's warlord plate ain't that unique, after all. I didn't list the rabbit and bunny ears, because there are heaps of them, so they don't interest me.

So getting any rare hat seems possible...
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I think eyepatch's are concentrated in inactive accounts and some older players hold a bunch that they don't trade. rumors say that goblin masks were mostly bought by 1 player who doesn't trade them, thats why they are harder to get out of the 2010 Halloween rewards. opera mask was the least acquired during this event so that explains why its considered more rare too.
toy saber was a reward for Halloween sometime around 2007-2009 iirc. Caramel apples are drops in 4th room in illia iirc so that explains the 20k. Platyna still got her character so thats 1 crown, sugar now got hers so thats the second, idk about the 3rd.
About the golden armor [golden warlord plate], again 1 platyna 1 chicka there are only 2. About the golden light plate [golden platemail] i saw one around idk about the other 2. I am surprised about the 151 scarab armlets though. also 279 [towel]s, is surprising.

A few other interesting things i noticed:
BullHelmet,207
BansheeBow,195
HeartOfIsis,218
LazuriteRobe,236
Illia items are still less common than some rares (despite illia exploits in the past), heart of isis is more common than bull and banshee.

some less sought after rares:
PanHat,286
ChefHat,342
Are rarer than some older rares like paper bag and skull mask.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

I read the txt about amount of item in game.

Idk how you got, and i dont really care but its a lie.

you found for the christmas ornament in aqua/teal color :
AquaOrnament,1709

what is this number?
I asked to almost everyone in game and nobody have it, or just one.
But its not the concern here.
Why i looking for this item its because niquewind collection have 3000 in her hand.
So i thought, if she have 3000 (not 300) there is a lot of this and i will find it to complete my ornament collection.... :lol: a sweet dream of mine :?
So if she have 3000, and she showed me in the trade window, so i saw them, how can you say there is only 1709?
I saw this item in halloween period, so its not so far.

So guys you hide the items in yours alts to control the manaworld economy?
Since the staff purged the accounts of the players who are not connected since 3 years that means all the guys who have these items are online hidden their ugly face behind alts, and telling everyone that rare are rare and its why they are at high price.
Worst they continuing to collect rare, telling they are new players, not allowing real new player to obtain some nice items called rare.
Worst i can understand now why some of them keep fighting with the most of players who wanted them in game....if we discover your ugly little secret, we will ruin your hobby.
How disgusting you are...
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Yes it is all a conspiracy of wushin he can @item whatever he wants, or modify the server files to have whatever he wants (without traces in the logs). But no... he enjoys misleading people giving them false info to feel more empowered (confirmed i just asked him about it).
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

This is sad if it is true, almost 600 Rabbit Ears and all the years it has been in game only 35 have been sold via ManaMarket.
I bet most of them are on a old collector's account. If they havent been used for so long you should pick some and put them on GM Storage and host a event each month.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

The idea behind gm storage was to make these kind of events more often. However we did quite big events last 2 weekends, so i don't believe we'll make GM storage event soon.
The more common items on GM storage are, snow googles, heart glass's, skull masks and rabbit ears. I believe that next event we'll just choose the more common items from gm storage as rewards instead of letting you pick a number. in big events like Halloween/next xmas we'll slip in rarer rewards.