Boobs

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Do you think boobs should be removed?

No
76%
Yes
24%

Total votes: 34
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Boobs

Post by wushin »

It has nothing to do about offense. Its the difference between 133 & 266 or 399 frames for the sprite model. Which means any new gear, not already drawn, is going to be a long ways out regardless of whose arting it. If at that many frames anyone wants to art it at all.

That is just the art, it doesn't include having to deal with the xmls or changing the NPCs to said art.

Reasons for removing Boobs are:
  • It effects No Game Mechanic
  • Less to edit & create on future Sprites
Already said I'm fine with this, but pretty much consider ever getting anyone to work on new sprite art highly unlikely.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Voted yes therefore, although everyone loves boobs.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

wushin wrote:It has nothing to do about offense. Its the difference between 133 & 266 or 399 frames for the sprite model. Which means any new gear, not already drawn, is going to be a long ways out regardless of whose arting it. If at that many frames anyone wants to art it at all.

That is just the art, it doesn't include having to deal with the xmls or changing the NPCs to said art.

Already said I'm fine with this, but pretty much consider ever getting anyone to work on new sprite art highly unlikely.
Seems i failed to understand what the meaning of with or without boobs.
Can you post some of picture of what you talking about.
If you show a picture of npc "without" your boobs idea, perhaps we will understand what you talking about.
Plus : we will see if in your "without" boobs idea, the boobs are really disappear, or reduce but still here to help the art making.

ty
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Altus Institute wrote:
wushin wrote:It has nothing to do about offense. Its the difference between 133 & 266 or 399 frames for the sprite model. Which means any new gear, not already drawn, is going to be a long ways out regardless of whose arting it. If at that many frames anyone wants to art it at all.

Seems i failed to understand what the meaning of with or without boobs.
Can you post some of picture of what you talking about.
If you show a picture of npc "without" your boobs idea, perhaps we will understand what you talking about.
Plus : we will see if in your "without" boobs idea, the boobs are really disappear, or reduce but still here to help the art making.

ty
It means all players sprites will look the same, doesn't matter if you are man woman or third gender. Thats why i said why don't we try some of the new equipment on third gender first, if players are still divided on the issue, leave none important but fashionable equipment only for the third gender, if the community prefers the new equipment remove boobs from everyone.
But for some reason our choices are either boobs and harder to draw new equipment, or maybe new equipment (no one drew the new equipment yet) and no boobs...
If we adapt my idea we make sure there are advantages for removing boobs before we actually make the change,so i ask again why not? you introduce the third gender in the next release you can start working on no boobs equipment when you release it.
What is so important in making the change BEFORE we even got this speculative equipment.

Would be nice to get an answer.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Definitly crazy idea to remove boobs :alt-2:
i speack about this with girl and men all are agree to say its bad idea !
But Nitay its right !
Creat ne set sor alll genre and add it in game FIRST ! and after if someone would like to creat secial declination of this tiles he can add it

For my own point of view i thnk for moment the most importante thinh its too add new content not to change ontent that already exists

Best regards
MAF-Saulc
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I got my answer through irc, there is content pending to be released that doesn't have art for female breast.
The content includes:
Races
Some art for equipment on trello.
If we want this content sooner we need to say goodbye to Boobs.
There are two ways to keep Boobs, in the long run we need artists to draw boobs for all the new races.
If you want to keep boobs in the near future and you know how to handle github, you can edit the PR that remove boobs in the next release. However in the following releases it will be removed anyway.
Anyway it made me change my mind, i hope all the people who voted no see this message and change their mind too, if new content means more than boobs for you.

Edited the opening post of this thread to include this info.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

SriNitayanda wrote:I got my answer through irc, there is content pending to be released that doesn't have art for female breast.
The content includes:
Races
Some art for equipment on trello.
If we want this content sooner we need to say goodbye to Boobs.
There are two ways to keep Boobs, in the long run we need artists to draw boobs for all the new races.
If you want to keep boobs in the near future and you know how to handle github, you can edit the PR that remove boobs in the next release. However in the following releases it will be removed anyway.
Anyway it made me change my mind, i hope all the people who voted no see this message and change their mind too, if new content means more than boobs for you.

Edited the opening post of this thread to include this info.
what is the point to have 3 genders, if they are all the same?
Do it simple, remove female and 3rd useless gender and keep the male gender.
Why do you ask yourself so much when its simple?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you want to remove the boobs anyway, now or later if i understand well.
And you put pressure on ppl saying you will not have released if you keep boobs because NOBODY WANT TO DRAW SO MUCH FRAME :mrgreen: how you are sure of this when they are lot of ppl who wait to do something for the game?
To get hypothetical outfit when nothing was released these last years.
And noboby have is word to say when you change the game so much....

and nobody in tmwc talk about....ty nitay to bring us this kind of info even if you change your mind about this subject.

You bring in tmw things nobody asked... new gender, race....
and you remove what we already have to play ugly monsters....its so fun :wink:
Give to the players what they asked for...new contents : that means quests, outfits, weapons, new spell, dark spell, new potion, new animation... and dont bring on us trash saying we want it sooooo muuuuch.

Nobody care about your races and new genders
and ofc we will play with it since we have no choice about. :x
but doing this its not the mana world anymore thanks to you :x
Ange Alus Banshee User
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Altus here is more info about Races, before you make a judgement.
If you know people who would like to work on content for tmw please encourage them to do so. Anyone who got got skills in art or coding can become a dev.
New quests also require more devs who would work on them, there is already art for equipment that can be used in new quests.
Meko even proposed his services in coding quests, for people who got idea's for quests, scripting skills, but no knowledge in coding...
18 people voted yes, if we work together (although i changed my mind i'll do what i can to help), we got 9 days to change it in the short run. If we put more effort we can change it for the long run too. Are we willing to make the change? or let the current devs do what they can do?
The change is always reversible once we got the art.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

wushin wrote:What you don't realize is the boobless model is actually the way the old female model was done except it's a t-shirt instead of a bra.
SriNitayanda wrote:It means all players sprites will look the same, doesn't matter if you are man woman or third gender...
The above two comments conflict.

The photo of Rill (at left) was taken prior to the change in the bust size. If I understand correctly, what Wushin is saying is that there will be a return to this look. But according to Nitay, this will not be the look. So which is it?
Altus Institute wrote:...Can you post some of picture of what you talking about. If you show a picture of npc "without" your boobs idea, perhaps we will understand what you talking about...

On this issue, I agree with Altus. A picture is worth a thousand words.

If available, please post some pictures so all of us can see for ourselves how things will look.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

The change is already on test server.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Only the equipment actually reflected the boob Rill. The original female base model wasn't as endowed as the gear. Bernhardt made the new female model and equipment mainly with me.

Speaking of which (Chayhardt is Bernhardt)
<Tezer> why dont you want boobs Chayhardt ?
<Chayhardt> so much work
It's only some 800 xmls to edit with 18 people helping thats 45~ a piece.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Just a message for the people who don't like the change, i can't say i like it either, but there were ways to address this change before. There are also ways to reverse this change or influence new content in the future.
Stuff we can do to have more influence on the content in the future are:

Join the test team (if you don't know how to join ask me or the devs in a pm)
Read the messages that are sent to the test team (they include upcoming updates)
Visit test server and test new content
Suggest better idea's on irc channel #themanaworld and #themanaworld-dev on freenode, or here on the forums

Or even better:
Code
Draw
Or learn the basic principles of deving on our wiki
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

SriNitayanda wrote:The change is already on test server.
sorry i saw nothing.
i create a male account, and the only options i saw is FHO (and i dont even know what their meaning).
So idk how to see the change for female or useless gender.
Ange Alus Banshee User
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Altus Institute wrote:
SriNitayanda wrote:The change is already on test server.
sorry i saw nothing.
i create a male account, and the only options i saw is FHO (and i dont even know what their meaning).
So idk how to see the change for female or useless gender.
M-Male F-Female O-third gender
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

@Crush Why do you think we should keep the boobs?