Content flame war a reminder

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Content flame war a reminder

Post by SriNitayanda »

I wanted to summarize a few points about content flame wars, as a reminder for anyone who wants to complain about content in future and for myself for having a history of starting at least one and engaging in a few.

I'll start by quoting wushin: "Yes, it's open source, yes the community matters, but those making commits and changes get more voice because they are doing and fixing."
So i think before complaining we need to ask ourselves: Can we make it better? do we have the skills in art and or coding, the will and time to make it better? if the answer is yes great join #themanworld-dev on freenode and start making commits. if you lack the skills but got the will you can start by reading how to develop on our wiki.

If the answer is no, well there are other ways to get more involved:
Join the test team (if you don't know how to join ask me or the devs in a pm)
Read the messages that are sent to the test team (they include info on upcoming updates)
Visit test server and test new content
Suggest better idea's on irc channel #themanaworld and #themanaworld-dev on freenode, or here on the forums

If you still don't engage in any of the above but think you got an awesome idea, make a poll on this forum on whether to implement your idea.
If you don't have any constructive idea but still want to complain, congratulations you are a troll. go ahead and complain but don't expect us to take it seriously.

Flame wars are usually divisive of the community, i am posting this in order for us the community to take responsibility too on the changes that are going on in the game. By doing nothing, we lose our credibility when complaining.

Long live tmw
cheers
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all