ManaMarket access for every alt

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: ManaMarket

Post by monwarez »

Sorry if it's not the good topic, but it's related to ManaMarket
They have some problem with the !mail command. If the user are not in the ManaMarket UserTree, the command get_user return -10 and then the user cannot use the !mail functionality. I think that every player + alt should have at least the access level 0 (except for those who have access level -1).
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

monwarez wrote:Sorry if it's not the good topic, but it's related to ManaMarket
They have some problem with the !mail command. If the user are not in the ManaMarket UserTree, the command get_user return -10 and then the user cannot use the !mail functionality. I think that every player + alt should have at least the access level 0 (except for those who have access level -1).
We keep it this way so we can moderate it, you need to have manamarket seller account in order to use this feature.
If we don't keep it this way, people might use it to send hate messages, or spam to all tmw players. This way when it is attached to the seller account you can lose the seller account if you abuse it. The only player who got access to !mail with more than one character is Travolta, but thats cause he made this feature. So its for testing and fixing bugs purposes.

If you don't have a seller account you can ask me here to add you, just mention the character you want to have a seller account with.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

The problem is that seller account is only one by people
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Yeah thats the downside, if you got a better idea of how to moderate it or keep track of people who use it, you are welcome to post it in the development section.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

ManaMarket access for every alt

Post by monwarez »

Here is the current situation, if you don't have a seller account, you can't use !mail with ManaMarket
I would suggest a compromise
So to use !mail you will need to have one seller account , but if you have more char , you could send a pm to a GM to "attach" your alt to your seller account.
And the alt account will have the access 0 level (instead to not exist).
You will have to agree to this particular rule: if your seller account or alt attached do something against rules you will be punish on all your account attached.
Like if you spam !mail player you will loose access to sell at ManaMarket.
In brief , forum account attached to seller account, if you want add an another char send a pm with your forum account
When I said pm it could also be a thread dedicated
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: ManaMarket access for every alt

Post by SriNitayanda »

I actually don't see why not, we can open a new thread on manamarket forums, named !mail alts.
we'll list in each post there the Seller account and all alts that are attached to the seller account.
The GMs can confirm that the alts really belong to the seller by asking them to log in game and do something.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well I'd rather see MM's function coded into TMWA.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

How much work are needed to do that ? And do that means that MM would be a NPC ?
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Do you mind if we do till than? we can open a poll here see what is the demand for expanding it to more alts, make sure the other GMs agree and are updated with the procedure and we can start doing it.
We can also limit it to number of alts, lets say 1 seller 1 alt, or 1 seller 2 alts max. i don't think more is needed anyway.