Magic-v3, Sense Spouse & Wedding Rings [DIS]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Magic-v3, Sense Spouse & Wedding Rings [DIS]

Post by wushin »

We'd like to remove the spell Sense Spouse. In order to replace it I was thinking we could make the wedding ring warp you to your partner but limit how often you could do that by a cooldown. I was thinking once a day or something long.

Looking for input any which way as sense spouse seems impractical on any level with a game that has whispers.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[TESTING] MAGIC-V3

Post by gumi »

Magic-v3 is done!
The only thing left to do is code cleanup, but that won't change the behaviour of spells, so we can start testing now.

What is Magic-v3
Magic-v3 is a complete rewrite of the Magic-v2 scripting engine, which is the magic system that we currently use on the main server. Magic-v3, however, will not only allow us to make spells, but also opens up a whole lot of new possibilities. Expect amazing new features and content once Magic-v3 is merged with the main server.

What Magic-v3 isn't
Magic-v3 is the third version of the scripting engine, not the third magic level. There are no new spells, no new quest, no new content. (yet)

How to test Magic-v3
It's quite simple actually. Magic-v3 was made to behave exactly (or very similar) like what is currently on the main server. Therefore, please test the spells on the test server and compare them with how they work on the main server. If a spell behaves in a weird or different way please report in this forum thread. Magic-v3 should not have affected any magic quest, except maybe the quest with the wand (confringo) in Candor so don't worry about the quests.

How to use the test server
Choose the test server at the server selection screen. If your account was created before the previous sync then you can login on the test server with the same account as on the main server, else you need to create a new account. Once you are logged in, follow this guide: How to use the test server. Please note that the #debug spell has been replaced by the @debug command.

Release
Magic-v3 will be released 2 weeks after the last bug is found. This means whenever someone finds a bug, we patch it and push the release 2 weeks forward. If Magic-v3 is stable for 2 weeks without crashes/bugs then it will be in the next release.

Current release date: April 22nd 2016.
Feature freeze: April 12th 2016.

Known Issues (bugs in red)
  • The "sense spouse" spell deliberately does not tell you where your spouse is. We intend to remove this spell later.
  • The attack particles show not just on cast but also when you hit. This is not a bug.
  • The effect of betsanc et al. is cancelled on death, but you still receive the message when the timer ends. (fixed)
  • The cooldown of some spells is modified. (fixed)
  • You can not sit for a short while after using #inma. (fixed)
  • Some items might randomly unequip on login (and undress you when you cast a spell). (fixed)
  • Stats (agi, int, ...) are not calculated correctly, which may give a lower dps/attack/m.atk. (fixed)
  • Attack delays are not affected by Agi. (fixed)
  • Level 1 spells also require level 1 in the magic school of the spell. (fixed)

If you have a bug to report and you do not want to create a forum account for whatever reason, please report on irc (#themanaworld-dev on Freenode): https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels= ... aworld-dev
Last edited by gumi on 08 Apr 2016, 17:08, edited 8 times in total.
Sykinia
Peon
Peon

Re: Magic-v3, Sense Spouse & Wedding Rings [DIS]

Post by Sykinia »

I've tested most of the spells and those are things I noticed to be different:

(probably not bugs)
  • Messages from spells are shown in the general tab
    The attack delay of confringo and ingrav has been enlargened
    Ingrav is not cancelled upon a player's death
(probably a bug)
  • The effect of betsanc and plugh are cancelled when the player dies, the symbols on the top vanish as well, however it seems the timer is not being reset as the corresponding message of the end of spell duration comes anyway (probably also the case with asorm, would need to be tested in pvp probably)
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

What spell you can use in lvl 1 ? Now i can just use #confringo and #abizit
But for leveling my magic i need use spell who consume item, and spell like #parum boo or #lum don't work.
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

omatt wrote:What spell you can use in lvl 1 ? Now i can just use #confringo and #abizit
But for leveling my magic i need use spell who consume item, and spell like #parum boo or #lum don't work.
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
You can use @debug to get magic level, and when you have the required magic level (and experience) #parum boo work
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

All known issues have been fixed; the testing resumes.
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

What I found with a bit of testing:

- The Lazu robe is undressed when making the first attack spell after login (I tried confringo, ingrav, flar)
- There still seems to be longer cooldown, at least for confringo (cant lock Yeti with 42 agi)
- sparkles color of inwilt changed (this is maybe not a bug)

Will keep on testing :)

Mick
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

For the undressing problem, it should be fixed now.
For confringo, it should do the exact same calculations as on the main server, but even if you set your level, int and magic level to the same as on the main server you also need to set the magic exp.
The "sparkles" should be fine now.
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

I've found a few glitches. 1. Flar- after you engage it the particle effect continues with every attack (probably not dangerous). 2. Flar & Ingrav- These 2 spells don't consume their respective powders (summons and lum isn't effected). 3. Attack Spells- The cooldown is incredibly huge...even as a Speed Mage.
Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

An example of the differences on cooldowns (same lvl and stats)

Ingrav- Main server-1515
Test server-3000
Confringo & Flar- Main server-606
Test server-1200
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

After fixing the M.Att. issue yesterday (thanks again for this!) I tried again the cooldown issue and can confirm Pawnee's results, here the given attack delay:

Confringo/Flar: Main 1170, Test 1200
Ingrav: Main 2925, Test 3000

Maybe also interesting: Changing agi on test server does not affect attack delay.
Edit: The dependency of magic attack speed and agi seems to be corrupted here, Pawnee as speed mage and me as full tank have the same attack delay on test server.

The particle effect issue of Flar I can confirm too.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

For spells that do not take items, please open your Skills window and tell me your magic levels.

For the spells that continually show the attack effect, this is Not A Bug™

The attack delays should be fixed now (THANKS!)
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Seems you got the right feeling :) With "set all magic skills on max" they become lvl5, then the ingrav doesnt consume powder. Setting them manually to lvl2, there is no problem as far as I can see.
Attack speed is good now :)

Not A BugTM is the best trademark Ive ever seen xD

edit: One more thing making me curious was that there is no delay in the summoning spells - the summoned creatures appear immediately (not the flowers indeed). Cooldown seems right, between 20 and 30 sec. I found no cooldown with flowers.
MAF-Apane
Novice
Novice

Post by MAF-Apane »

Hi !
When you have only the General Magic lvl1, u can t make the spell : parum . But like write : https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... agic_Skill you can use the spell. And this spell is good for improving magic. This is a bug or not ?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Thank you! :D
(fixed)