Manamarket (Ya'll better !getback !money ASAP)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Manamarket (Ya'll better !getback !money ASAP)

Post by wushin »

Manamarket currently has !add and !relist disabled. There is just too much garbage lingering in MM causing it to crash or get full or stuck constantly. It needs to either sellout out of or expire everything. We really need to cleanse it.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Manamarket (Ya'll better !getback !money ASAP)

Post by Micksha »

To be true, I didnt use ManaMarket for selling yet, but I think it is extraordinary compared to the other markets so it should be alive and working.. Additionally I am not a friend of funerals, too.

So I thought about whether it is an idea to put a Reset Deadline for ManaMarket (maybe a 1-week time limit for people to get back their stuff), after time expired everything left will be released in a drop party or just deleted.

Also, to avoid this problem in the future can there be implemented an obligatory time limit for the items to be sold? If they are not sold or taken back, they can be deleted or, if this is not somehow offensive, implemented in Game by giving players the chance to win the stuff (maybe it can be connected to the lottery...?)

Just some thoughts.
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

Something like Micksha, add a rule : from now, old stuff who sleep in MM during xx time, can be take by the GMstorage, and used for event.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I am being asked now that manamarket is empty, when can we see manamarket reopened?
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well it's not empty. Some things are merely unlisted.

The next step is one of the admins has to take a ManaMarket snapshot of whats left. Make that into a nice spreadsheet so we know who had what in case they come looking later in time. Then log on as MM to the game and purge inventory so the script runs.

This all is merely delaying the inevitable. We need a better procedure than what MM provides.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.