[FUSION] [DIS] TMW data merge & the economy

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Keep everything or burn everything?

Migrate as much data as possible
57%
Migrate the bare minimum and compensate the players (see compensation thread)
43%

Total votes: 92
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Re: [DIS] TMW data merge & the economy

Post by dragoon84 »

this could be a crazy idea :lol: how about replace the merge with a new game (a fresh start) and wait some time to shutdown the TMW. I mean with this is give time to players to create new chars, to level up that chars and adapt to this new reality :alt-6:
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Everyone vote for migrate all possible stuff. I don't want to have my useful items replaced by a rare hat which I don't need.
This is a Skytlurk. -> Image
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

its impossible to migrate all data because it will screw the new game that will result from the merge :alt-4:
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

It's actually possible but it's unwanted by the devs
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

the devs are the one that controlling the merge so they better put the magic level 3 on that game or i will leave for good. :evil:
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

dragoon84 wrote:the devs are the one that controlling the merge so they better put the magic level 3 on that game or i will leave for good. :evil:
And me I held my breath as I have no warlord legs...

I'm serious, I retain from now !
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Pawneeboy wrote:I think the items that should be kept is the current quest items (IE Bandit quest, Cindy, LTQ, Illia etc), as for money maybe give all players a starting amount of money (all the same amount ofc), and let 1 character from every account keep its level and stats. (and to keep out players with multiple account check IP's)
I want to keep bot my TMW and Evol characters but the account names are different, so the accounts can't be merged
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

meko wrote:It's actually possible but it's unwanted by the devs
Do it anyway. As I said, I don't want to have my useful items replaced by a rare hat which I don't need.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

TRGN wrote:I want to keep bot my TMW and Evol characters but the account names are different, so the accounts can't be merged
They can and most certainly will be merged. An admin will have to handle name conflicts on a case by case basis and contact the relevant parties to find a suitable solution. If both accounts are yourself then I guess you can just choose to rename one of them
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

meko wrote:
TRGN wrote:I want to keep bot my TMW and Evol characters but the account names are different, so the accounts can't be merged
They can and most certainly will be merged. An admin will have to handle name conflicts on a case by case basis and contact the relevant parties to find a suitable solution. If both accounts are yourself then I guess you can just choose to rename one of them
I just said that the account names are different. Also, the character names are different, as well.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

First, when has TMW or Evol ever 100% listened to the community.

What I'm taking away from this poll is TMW's players are willing to make some sacrifice depending on the needs of the project which is good. THUS, I'd expect the project to return the same amount of sacrifice for the players.

The TMW data Merge and Economy is only 1/2 of the problem. Neither Evol nor TMW has any means of maintaining balance over time. Since Evol/TMW are Open Source MMOs they can continue forever. Since we've no means of the game world resetting itself there is nothing to prevent continuous linear gain. (i.e. someone who plays every day for 5-10 years will crush the newb economically) Therefore, A Open Source MMO without Game Entropy will in fact suffer Entropy in the project.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Could it be done so that ònly new character's items are removed? They haven't got much items, anyway.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

TRGN wrote:Could it be done so that ònly new character's items are removed? They haven't got much items, anyway.
What the hell? how would THAT be fair? we're trying to re-balance the economy, not make the rich even richer
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

I DO NOT ACCEPT MY ITEMS BEING DELETED BY OTHERS WITHOUT ME MAKING THE DESCISION. Got it?
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

TRGN wrote:I DO NOT ACCEPT MY ITEMS BEING DELETED BY OTHERS WITHOUT ME MAKING THE DESCISION. Got it?
Then stop playing and make your own game. Then you will be your own boss