[FUSION] [DIS] TMW data merge & the economy

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Keep everything or burn everything?

Migrate as much data as possible
57%
Migrate the bare minimum and compensate the players (see compensation thread)
43%

Total votes: 92
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Re: [DIS] TMW data merge & the economy

Post by dragoon84 »

what you mean with that?? by the way what is RO skill??
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

dragoon84 wrote:what you mean with that?? by the way what is RO skill??
Magic spells and skills are the same in our new engine, everything is "skill" (there are passive and active ones though).
RO skill is Ragnarok Online skill, our engine was initially an emulation of Ragnarok's server.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

Ok but the speed/astral soul/ brawler/raging focus should be active and the rest should be passive because the player need the active focus for dmg the monsters. It is another way of focus that i nominate early becoming passive (not putting points on them) and that is giving the skill at max level or increasing the skill by doing special quests that have that reward :alt-9:
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

What about an "End Of The World" event for TMW? (Apocalypse?)

You can cry, or "watch to back", but End is imminent. You can go to the New World or die in the old one.

So... Maybe provide a way to save some "memories" (name, etc...) availables in the "New World". No items, no money, no level... A naked body only!

A kind of event of teleportation to a "New Dimension" (New World) to save as many of people possible with that "memories".

Why no level: I think the new world should be a new experience. Level is not the age of player, but the experience he/she gain. You can't have experience in the new world. Maybe some kind of "wisdom" (thanks to memories we kept).

Why No money, no items: We CAN'T take anything to death! (or through the "portal" (restriction?)). Maybe some "chances" to get new [VIP] things in the New World (thanks to the memories from the old world), or advantages to get new items or abilities (random or VIP) in the new world (permanent or temporally).
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

If the accept the story that i started, it will not be an apocalypse (see next phrase) . The game should not be a fresh start unless they keep the legacy server.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

nelson6e65 wrote:What about an "End Of The World" event for TMW? (Apocalypse?)
See third point here

TMW Team member

dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

Has i said if the legacy server is keep online the event for the end of the tmw will not occur.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

dragoon84 wrote:Has i said if the legacy server is keep online the event for the end of the tmw will not occur.
That's pretty much false information.

TMW Team member

dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

The event will not making sense if they keep the server online :alt-0:
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

This is stupid, you don't wipe a game/community/data people play on because people don't want to deal with it anymore, That's the lame way out instead of just retiring. The fact it's going to merge with evol (hopefully not) is bad enough, don't wipe an entire game data just because you want a clean slate. IF you want a clean slate there are other servers (like Evol) to play on. TMW needs to be back stepped and go back to when there were tons of people online. Id rather retrace steps then destroy everything people have worked on through out the years.

HUGE "NO" from me.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

For me is a HUGE YES because of the visual effects and other thing that are possible in the evol engine, things that you can't actually in the TMW. These things will become possible in the merge game.

The will of the many surpass the will of the few
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

IDK how Hercules works as a server, but if it has 3 servers like Athena, then you have a login server, character server and a map server. I always wondered why have 3 unless it was for map expansions on other servers. I assume that there must be a way to go from one map server to another while still being logged into the other non-map servers. If it is possible, then the worlds can be separate but the char can travel back and forth. Items, GP, skills, etc can be dealt with in the story line so long as you get your stuff back for each map server when you get there and items that are allowed cross-map-server are just allowed. The only way I see of keeping economies somewhat separated is to have different GP banks... so based on map server again.

There were times in this game where all I did was grind everyday in the GY. Other times, I was the store guy or Coal Baron. I did nothing but trade constantly. Then the rares. Soooooooo many. There are so many in this game that I gave up the initial goal of obtaining 1 of everything. Thats just nuts, and that is what makes TMW so great. The economy of the players is not broken. It is the NPC's that cause the havoc. It takes too long to get these items only to have the NPC try to offer you 5K for a Jester mask or something ridiculous like that. Why sell to an NPC when you always get tons more from a player? There are ways to suck up the wealth too. It's been done in fact... charge 30KK for a crown or skull helm... worse yet, a 20KK for a baseball cap. These items have no great use, but are specialized and look cool mostly just because others do not have them. It's rares that give us personalities... and that is what role play is. I'd also love to see no such thing as unobtainable/no longer obtainable, but incredibly rare is ok. And let's not start handing out Dark Helms at GM events, not that you would anyway, but it's nice that some items must be obtained in a special manner... even if it is from a GM spawn. I'd like to play or help out regardless of what happens, but let's not take away the diversity of this game but add to it.

Oh right... Identities. I'd really like to be known as Ledmitz still.... more importantly than the rest. :wink:

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

the skull helmet is good for mage since it gives magic status but i agree with you in the prices, they are too high and some things don't worth the price that some NPCs/Players ask.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

dragoon84 wrote:the skull helmet is good for mage since it gives magic status
Please explain, unless you mean magic attack/defense... and that is nothing compared to the Wizard Hat bonuses, which is available to everyone.
dragoon84 wrote:i agree with you in the prices, they are too high and some things don't worth the price that some NPCs/Players ask
I did not say the prices are too high. I explained why it is good that those items cost so much. I did say that the NPC doesn't give you enough GP for most items though.

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

oh my bad for this misunderstanding.

1. the skull helmet give more magic bonus than the wizard hat, i have seen and i also have a wizard hat (not worth the money that i pay for it)

2. i total agree on that issue and i feel that many times