[FUSION] [WIP] Lore overhaul before next release

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

[FUSION] [WIP] Lore overhaul before next release

Post by WildX »

I am currently rewriting all of the lore for the game. The backstory is a nice read that gives shape to our world. The present-day storyline is what will give the project a general direction. All of it is important. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed an RPG without a solid storyline.

All that to say... I want YOU! I will read over any suggestions for any bits of story you want to contribute to. Past, present or future. However, the main wiki articles are only for already canon content. Wiki discussion pages can be useful, but I much prefer having everything in once place on the forums. So, pelase use this thread for any story-related suggestions/contributions and everything will be equally considered. Once my overhaul of the Lore is complete, I will lock this thread and any new piece of lore will be discussed on its own thread as we always do with graphics, etc.

If you want to follow the progress of this development effort, keep an eye on the Lore category on the wiki.

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [WIP] Lore overhaul before next release

Post by EJlol »

Do you really want to wave TMW drama into the game history? :?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

It was decided that the backstory would be inspired by the history of the game in our world. Everything is. The very division of TMW and Evol content between two continents that eventually become connected is the best symbolic example of this.

"TMW drama" has become some kind of unmentionable thing that everybody avoids based on the facts that it's "drama". The truth is that something happened at some point and it was a big deal, therefore it's part of our history. Other things happened too, and they will be included. In fact, the first part of the Ancean Era represents 2004-2006 TMW.

TMW Team member

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Bump. Here's today's main update: https://www.themanaworld.org/index.php/Gasaron

TMW Team member