The Mana World Video.

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

K so far it is going good. Everything is running smoothly and It is coming out nice. The moview will be about 2 and a half minuets alltogether
Here is a preview I promised.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIH25Lv2jA

THIS IS NOT COMPLETE I threw this together effects and stuff are not added yet
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Not bad. Here's some thoughts.

The information screen should be shown longer. I hadnt time to read it all.

Why not show some fighting too. :)

Keep at it. :)
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

That video is kinda nice, but why are you using that strange version of the tmw logo? oO May you should wait until Modanung releases his new high quality version of the palm. That slow motion/fading thingy isn't that good, maybe its because of the low quality.. the font(color is quite unreadable and you should use old screenshots with the old playerset ;)

keep up the good word ;>

edit: the video should include our best tilesets too like the woodland and the inn
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

What's the best format to upload for high quality?
We recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format at 320x240 resolution with MP3 audio. Resizing your video to these specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on YouTube.
Perhaps you should change the video format to what U Tube reccomends for best picture quality.
It would also be great to see several different charachters with different features (sex. hair equipment) in all the environments.
I'm sure that many of the players would be happy to send you screen captures for your video.
Great work on getting something going, I can't wait to see the finished product.
-DAVe
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

Again I say Its not a finished product.

I was aware of the time to read Info intro graphic and I am aware of the quality. But MPeg is HUGE and the format I uploaded it to youtube in made the movie about 1 mb lol so I choose that.
I am also aware of the colors Remember I threw this together fast.

I will be working on the rest later. REMEMBER I whould love to get some footage of people playing not just me.

Send me your stuff! megaupload.com or rapidshare.de
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/legostar ... ailer.html

This is a real source of inspiration for a TMW trailer
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

The quality is just terrible, but you knew that. Tried Google Video?

What you did to the logo is awefull, please don't do it again.

The whole idea is great and I'm sure it'll turn out just as great as the idea. Looks promising. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

Yeah I have been in google video since beta

I have started re-editing as of tonight and I allready have half of it done I will upload it.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8772228035
This is a little better I did the setting google said to use and the quality is still bad.. looks fine on a computer player... I will do more later But I am done for today[/img]
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

another interesting thing you may want to add to the video would be the community. The Mana World community is very active and there seems to always be some one playing. this might intise people as much as any other gameplay or feature.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Dr Wahl wrote:another interesting thing you may want to add to the video would be the community. The Mana World community is very active and there seems to always be some one playing. this might intise people as much as any other gameplay or feature.

It might at first. Then they'll realise the limitations of the chat system. Hopefully they'll be hooked by then so speaking with a low voice is adviced. :P
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Tenche, how come you're not on IRC anymore? I'd like to have a creative session with you regarding the videos.
This message used to be meaningful.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Tenche wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8772228035
This is a little better I did the setting google said to use and the quality is still bad.. looks fine on a computer player... I will do more later But I am done for today[/img]
I know somebody suggested that the movie should feature our best tilesets, but in my opinion you took this too literally. I think it's better to show some maps with those tilesets than the tilesets themselves.

Btw the video is very small, so I think you may want to think about zooming in on the action a bit. Also, as with the version on YouTube, what's up with the framerate and the fading effect while you walk around? I hope you plan to fix that.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Bjørn wrote:
Tenche wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8772228035
I know somebody suggested that the movie should feature our best tilesets, but in my opinion you took this too literally. I think it's better to show some maps with those tilesets than the tilesets themselves.

brwbarawrharwhawrhawrhawrhrhahw
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

tenche, i don't know how u made that video, but this i done with Fraps for recording and VirtualDub for compression. Both are free...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xNfjTNYpA

(it was just a test, so don't expect sound, music or informational text..)