[CPT] Necromancer Class

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Elvano
Peon
Peon

[CPT] Necromancer Class

Post by Elvano »

Hey all,

This is one of my olderconcepts from way before we had a forum:

Inspired by:
  • My own morbid mind
Attachments
Evol's Necromancy_v2.pdf
(70.47 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Elvano~
Wisdom and knowledge are both treasures in life.
While knowledge allows us to do great deeds,
it is wisdom which helps us to use it responsible.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [CPT] Necromancer Class

Post by Reid »

Like I said on IRC, I agree on most(/all) points.
I would just like to know if our eAthena script engine will be enough or if we will need of tmw's magic script language.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I have this idea for special classes that can be obtained later in the game. For example, a mage could decide to become a necromancer around level 60 and their class would change radically. Including the necromancer we should come up with at least another two of these classes to make this a thing: a warrior like and an archer like class.

TMW Team member

Elvano
Peon
Peon

Post by Elvano »

WildX wrote:Including the necromancer we should come up with at least another two of these classes to make this a thing: a warrior like and an archer like class.
I went a bit out of my way of the basic classes there. I just got an idea in my head for a necromancer so I opened up LibreOffice and stated typing.
The pdf-file you see here is actually the result of non-stop typing.
(Thus I hope there aren't too many typos)
Elvano~
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Elvano wrote:
WildX wrote:Including the necromancer we should come up with at least another two of these classes to make this a thing: a warrior like and an archer like class.
I went a bit out of my way of the basic classes there. I just got an idea in my head for a necromancer so I opened up LibreOffice and stated typing.
That's exactly what I had in mind for special classes! They're either too complicated for a basic class or too cool for low level content.

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

WildX wrote:
Elvano wrote:
That's exactly what I had in mind for special classes! They're either too complicated for a basic class or too cool for low level content.
So what you propose is to use something which look like RO-based classe evolution?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Elvano
Peon
Peon

Post by Elvano »

Reid wrote: So what you propose is to use something which look like RO-based classe evolution?
I don't think it's the same:
RO's class change boosts your stats and allows you to choose from new skills WITHOUT losing your previous one.
Rebirth however would completely reset BOTH stats and skills in order to advance to a advanced class.
From WildX's explanation I come to understand only he skills get reset when advancing.
Elvano~
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Elvano wrote:
Reid wrote: So what you propose is to use something which look like RO-based classe evolution?
I don't think it's the same:
RO's class change boosts your stats and allows you to choose from new skills WITHOUT losing your previous one.
Rebirth however would completely reset BOTH stats and skills in order to advance to a advanced class.
From WildX's explanation I come to understand only he skills get reset when advancing.
The class would change almost completely.

TMW Team member

Arjumand
Peon
Peon

Post by Arjumand »

I remember a discussion with Hal9000 about the number of area NPC which popped out on the intro, it was decided to remove most of them as it reduces the playability...
Let's add a particle around the panel.