Russian translation (lang_ru.txt)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Salius
Novice
Novice

Russian translation (lang_ru.txt)

Post by Salius »

I read your lang_ru.txt file at gitorious. I see it mostly good translated, but I see some inaccuracy in translations.

For example:
  • "Croc Claw" is not "Коготь Крока", but "Клешня Крока" (incorrect context).
  • Line 209: "piou's feather" translated as "шерсть пию". NO, NO, NO. Why "шерсть"? It's completely wrong! Need "перья пию".
  • Lines 383, 384: "Не будет" need replace "Не будь".
  • Lines 152 and 155: "Chest" translated as "Коробка", but need translate as "Сундук".
  • Lines 377 and 380: I think "guest" need translate not as "гостей", but (2 gender forms) "гостя" and "гостью".
  • "Box" somewere translated as "коробка" and somewhere as "ящик" in same context.
  • Lines 620 and 623 not translated. For 623: "Give me a kiss before you say goodbye!" need "Поцелуй меня прежде чем попрощаться!" or (may be better) "Поцелуй меня на прощание!".
Some suggestions:
  • Line 137: translate "Yoyone" not as "йойон", but as "йодну".
  • "Croconut": i see this derived from "Coconut" ("Кокос"/"Кокосовый орех") - better translate as "Крокос"/"Крокосовый орех" instead of "Крокорех".
This is not complete list of what need to correct. I need to read this text more carefully.
I can help you with some translations to Russian, when I have time.

PS: Sorry if this in wrong forum section. I think translations is content related.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Russian translation (lang_ru.txt)

Post by WildX »

This is the right section :)
Thanks for the corrections, and remember that anyone can help with the translations, if you want to contribute feel free to do so!

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Our main Russian translator is a bit busy on these day, would you feel like changing it?
It's pretty easy, just need to register on transifex and to give your nick to 4144 through PM here or on IRC

Everything is explained here : http://wiki.evolonline.org/translation

Also, thanks for spotting these issue. :)

Edit: Wildx was faster... >.>
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Elvano
Peon
Peon

Post by Elvano »

You'd expect this being checked having this many russians at the project? =p
Elvano~
Wisdom and knowledge are both treasures in life.
While knowledge allows us to do great deeds,
it is wisdom which helps us to use it responsible.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

To Elvano
Elvano wrote:You'd expect this being checked having this many russians at the project? =p
I think other Russians are busy now on other tasks and can't check all translations. What's wrong if I want help this project and check some translations? If you want, I will not help this project more. I can do many other things. :'(
And what you mean by the word "being"?
Elvano
Peon
Peon

Post by Elvano »

Salius wrote: What's wrong if I want help this project and check some translations? If you want, I will not help this project more. I can do many other things. :'(
Nobody said that you shouldn't.
And what you quoted is about the mistakes being there. Not about you reporting them.
All people should be reporting mistakes like you did ;o
Salius wrote:And what you mean by the word "being"?
'being' is a conjugation of 'to be'
Elvano~
Wisdom and knowledge are both treasures in life.
While knowledge allows us to do great deeds,
it is wisdom which helps us to use it responsible.