[DIS] Pet vs Disguise

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[DIS] Pet vs Disguise

Post by Reid »

4144 is working on adding pet support for other server/games, evol have this support for some time but I prefered to work on the disguise instead of the pet implementation.
Should we replace the disguise by pet?
The only place where we use the disguise is with the cookie, I don't much know if we should have both pet and disguise, should we?
If yes, should we work on it during the aurora1?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [DIS] Pet vs Disguise

Post by WildX »

I think you should work on expanding the disguise and allowing people to use other mobs as disguise with other things that are not the cookie. For example spells and stuff like that.
It adds fun to the game and, IMO, it's a lot more original than pets that, let's face it, are completely useless and not that fun after the first five minutes.

Also, Evol is getting too "cute", let's keep things like pets on a shelf for now, we don't want to remake Farmville here.

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

/me has no idea what disguise is alt25

I never understood why people like to have a pet ingame. In my opinion they don't add much too the game.
let's face it, are completely useless and not that fun after the first five minutes.
I agree.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I prefer disguise rather than pets. In fact, having the possibility of being the monster you want to be is really nice!
WildX wrote:Also, Evol is getting too "cute"
So what? Keep that negative attitude that and I'll draw a kitty cat. alt38
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

why pets vs disguise?
or you mean what give to devs with cookie?
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

4144 wrote:or you mean what give to devs with cookie?
Maybe the cookie that disguises the player into a piou is very important because piou is the symbol of the game. That's why only devs can disguise into pious. Players will be able to have other rare items in the future to disguise in other monsters. Also, I think we should create different kinds of pious for each new cookie devs get, that could be easy and rather awesome! :)
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I'm still holding hope for the purple piou

TMW Team member