[DIS] Artis roads

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[DIS] Artis roads

Post by Reid »

I have a problem to map the city exterior... We have actually 3 different kind of ground tiles that we can use in this city, the dirt, the grass and the newly added pavement.
I've started to map with the dirt to represent the roads, the grass around trees and wild area and pavement around houses and non-road area.
It looks good for some closed area like the warrior guild.
ManaPlus_Screenshot_12.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_12.png (307.76 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
But else, it really look bad, I wonder if I should use the pavement tileset to make roads and the dirt&grass for everywhere else. But then, should there be dirt or pavement around house?
I will need to rethink at how to use the pavement tileset, but it just look bad actually imo. alt26 :'(
ManaPlus_Screenshot_13.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_13.png (101.09 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [DIS] Artis roads

Post by Reid »

I looked back on my old tileset development preview, using the dirt/ground around houses is not that bad.
74tkcxb1.png
74tkcxb1.png (127.68 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Another example with hal9000's test map:
prototype3.png
prototype3.png (409.76 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
(trees on pavement -> bad)
And a last example with the old map used on the alpha release of Evol.
testmap.png
testmap.png (383.07 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

With that preview it looks really good. In my opinion isn't necessary any change
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

Looking at the pics carefully, i like the way things are turning out, but perhaps yes "Pic 2" from the top, should have some out lining around those buildings, i think it should look like "pic 5" from the top, i like the colors there and the trees on either side of the path, it gives a nice warm welcoming feeling ^-^ . That "Pic 2" from the top, looks too cold..
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I still prefer the darker dirt though.

TMW Team member