[DIS] Game time

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[DIS] Game time

Post by Reid »

While I'm working on the first urban map of Evol I was wondering on which time the game is actually based on. I'm mapping a modest port city with woods and bricks, but I was planning on the future to use some fantastic metals such as Mitrhil or anything like this. We won't use fire powder or any electronical device.
Though, I was thinking about basing ourself on late antiquity or maybe at the end of the european middle age.

I'm for late antiquity, it's a good timeframe that could be easily exploited with some fantasy.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [DIS] Game time

Post by WildX »

Europe between 1400 and 1500 sounds good to me, we can always change some stuff around of course. If we want to start an industrial revolution we can do that whenever we want, for example :P

TMW Team member