[WIP] Artis library

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

[WIP] Artis library

Post by Reid »

I'm currently working on the library of the next city/release and I would like to place some interesting quote in shelf's books that will be readable when a player will click on it.
I have some idea of what to place, some in-game help, some backstory stuff, but it could be good to play the intelligent touch with adding some nice quote from irl books (public domain or whatever that we can use).
If you have an idea of how to fill a book, go ahead here!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: [WIP] Artis library

Post by jesusalva »

Why don't we create a book of quotations? Containing quotes from other books...

And by last we could also add a special book containing those quotes who gets on the topic of the IRC channel for some days. Needless to say, that is also an opportunity to encourage players to help.

Don't worry if you've lost all the quotes. Some IRC clients save they on the logs, like KVIrc.

I can try to writecode the books, but my life have some tides and I can unexpectly run out of time. :P
...Theorically, I could write they a well, but I wouldn't assign that task to me. I can do it, it's fun as well, but I never did it before. And I don't know what is already on the books, because I hate to write pointless things, like I'm doing right now. :P

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.