Monsters name & miss

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

RomeoSierra
Peon
Peon

Monsters name & miss

Post by RomeoSierra »

I've made a couple of improvements in current 0.21.1 version : ideas by Gravity - implementation is mine.
Instead of [TARGET] label during attack I display monster's name. It looks nice now and can be useable in the future, when monsters dbase will grow...

When player misses , the "miss" message is red, otherwise, if opponent (monster or other player) misses then message is yellow.

If someone like it, I may post the sources.
Also I have a question to programmers: is there some way to obtain monster name from server?
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

I still prefert [TARGET].
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I like the idea. How about also upon "mouse over monster"?

You should join #tmwdev on irc.freenode.net (there are IRC tutorials on these forums if you do not know what I'm talking about) to get better developer attention.
This message used to be meaningful.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

please man, post the codes here, i will put this in my custon Server !!!

if you can, off course ...

Thanks
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

This is a client side feature which was added months ago and is currently part of our release (the monster name thing at least).
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

The monster name appear in the actual client 0.0.22.2 ? if yes, in my it´don´t work ... the different colors to miss it´s a good idea too ...

if this existed, please say where i activate this ... or if not anyone please can put the codes here ?

Thanks
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The name appears when you log in a monster using the mouse or the A key.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.