Upcoming christmas event

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Upcoming christmas event

Post by yosuhara »

ok, so christmas are comin' and recently i "drew" something that can be used as a snow storm overlay effect...

simple snow flakes, i replaced sandstorm effect with this one and it came out pretty good i think...
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Testing it right now and yeah I would mind to see these snowflakes ingame for christmas. Would suit the snowy parts of TMW anyday too, I think.
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Nice. But there is one problem, snowflake has six points, not eight, like this:

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Saphy wrote:Nice. But there is one problem, snowflake has six points, not eight, like this:
Aaaahh, we don't play on exact reality, do we? :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Here are some examples of hexagonal snowflakes: Snowflake imagry
Why not just deformed spheres? I think that works better. First of all heavy with snowfall snowflakes consist of multiple small flakes that are clustered... right? Second, camera-aligned hexagons are pretty flat 'n dull. Sphere-like flakes can be shaded.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Modanung wrote:Here are some examples of hexagonal snowflakes: Snowflake imagry
Why not just deformed spheres? I think that works better. First of all heavy with snowfall snowflakes consist of multiple small flakes that are clustered... right? Second, camera-aligned hexagons are pretty flat 'n dull. Sphere-like flakes can be shaded.
yep, i didn't think about it that way ;)