Concentration goal for December: Christmas content

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

If someone would find the time, at least a floating christmas bauble enemy would be appreciated.
I could swing something like that together quite fast ;). It doesn't need to be topnotch right?

One idea, we could all be able to get a present from the christmas tree? Chocolate, sweater, whatever? quite randomized you know?
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Tarm wrote:What about the presents already in the game? Is it possible to have them for sale in a christmas shop and make them useable? If you open them you get a random item.
A small chance to get cheap items, a good chance to get middle priced items and a really small chance to get good items like the shortsword or other expensive things.
Maybe we could vary the items you get from a present with their colour.

I don't really like the cone hat btw. :?
Not because of the way it's drawn, just the whole Idea... I also can't see how it would look nice.

The big one isn't bad at all, although it could be improved on some points. Namely perspective, shading and the white stuff (no pun intended).
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I have started making a xmas ball enemy. Walk(fly)animation downward is done, it's gonna look drunken - kinda funny and attack animation downward and to the right is halfdone :). It'll be finish tomorrow evening.
Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Candy Cane sword?

Post by Amethyst »

What about a Candy Cane sword as a reward for a christmas quest?

Image.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

I was thinking about making a candy cane enemy but I dont know if there is time for that. Well, I think I could get the gfx done but there has to be some coding done too within 5 days :/.

Candy cane sword? Sounds sweet. And breakable :)
Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Lol.

Post by Amethyst »

BadMrBox wrote:I was thinking about making a candy cane enemy but I dont know if there is time for that. Well, I think I could get the gfx done but there has to be some coding done too within 5 days :/.

Candy cane sword? Sounds sweet. And breakable :)
You could make it sharper by licking the sword. Good thing it's not a candy cane golf club, the golfers would throw a temper tantrum.

Also, by copying another monster's everything, like a rudolph slime, wouldn't that speed up the coding?
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

Yeah, that's true enough.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

A christmas monster that eats christmas presents....
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

That would be you, right? :wink:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

BadMrBox wrote:I was thinking about making a candy cane enemy but I dont know if there is time for that. Well, I think I could get the gfx done but there has to be some coding done too within 5 days :/
Coding? What coding? There is no coding necessary to bring a monster into the game. Everything that is necessary is:

-New entry in monster.xml (3 rather trivial lines)
-New animation definition file (some seconds work when you use the usual layout, some minutes when you decide to use a different layout)
-New entry in mob_db.txt on the server (copy&pasting one line and change some numbers when we are as lazy as during the halloween event)
-Add the monster to some map config files on the server (Just a copy&paste job, too)

All together about 10 minutes of work.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
BadMrBox
Warrior
Warrior

Post by BadMrBox »

All together about 10 minutes of work.
Yeah, I know. It's pretty slick. I wasn't really thinking :oops: .
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Deadline: Friday.

So are we going to see a candy cane weapon sprite replacement or any new Christmas monsters?

The gift packages are going to be used in a quest.
This message used to be meaningful.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Question. How long will the event last? Im asking because my parents dont have a computer that can run TMW so I probably wont be able to play again until after new years eve. :(
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

How about this as a christmas-only monster:
Its not finished yet because, well, lets face it why make something if it might not get used, right? Nah, just kidding, the real reason why its not completed yet is because I don't know what his walking frameshould be, hence that is why he is in a sitting position.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Korcha wrote:Image
Looking real good as a snow monster. Doesn't have to be christmas only.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io