Help

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The server sided walkmaps can not be edited directly in Tiled. They are created based on the client-sided tmx.gz files.

To create a walkmap for a map open it with Tiled, select "Save as..." and select "The mana world exporter (*.wlk)" as file type.

Note that the walkmaps are not communicated to the client. They are only on the server to calculate where monsters can spawn and move. When you don't see any changes client-sided it is most likely not because the server got the wrong walkmap.

Maybe you should explain what exactly your intentions are. Then we can help you better by explaining the necessary steps.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
sytes
Peon
Peon

Post by sytes »

Okay i whant to add map but when i saved with the file type .wlk
the original map appears ..
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Your post is quite self-contradicting. Do you want to add a new map to your own tmw server or do you want to change an existing map?
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
sytes
Peon
Peon

ö

Post by sytes »

want to change an existing map

i know how to map but,,,it wont show up thats the problem
life or death live or die
I will never live a lie
im guna live because I try
I wont quit untill I die.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Then follow my instructions.
Crush wrote:1. unpack all zips in your updates directory into the data directory (watch out that you don't overwrite the files you changed)
2. delete the updates
3. start tmw with the command line parameter "-u" to skip the update process and prevent tmw from redownloading the updates (when you are using windows right-click on the shortcut to tmw on your desktop, select properties and under target write "Path/to/tmw/installation/tmw.exe" -u)
The .wlk is irrelevant.
  • NOT a game master

sytes
Peon
Peon

d

Post by sytes »

Pew its works

But after i saved i cant openit again no errors or stuff like that .
I will never live a lie
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: d

Post by Bjørn »

sytes wrote:Pew its works

But after i saved i cant openit again no errors or stuff like that .
Tiled could be running out of memory if you saved the map without binary layer encoding enabled. Make sure to set layer encoding to binary in the saving preferences.
sytes
Peon
Peon

Post by sytes »

i dont understand nothing :ljust forgetit ;l
I will never live a lie