GUI v4

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

krismichael
Novice
Novice

GUI v4

Post by krismichael »

All,

I've made some more modifications to the GUI.

You can view a larger image here: http://www.g3s.com/tmw/v4_Gui_Large.jpg

Anyway, I still have lots of work to do on this but it is coming along.

What do you guys (and gals) think?
It's not my fault I'm new here! :)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Ready for my critics? :lol:

I think I like the old life/magic points bar shape more than this one. Yes I'm sure that having them thiner it's better. Still don't about the font but I think the new one could fit better than a black one.
About the icons (top-left corner of the image) I was wondering why they lost their colors?
Nothing to complain about the rest it looks great as always, great job man, especially the man body. The only thing to improve is that both the dialogs seems a bit "empty", maybe the background should be fixed, also because it will be hard to add such a shading.

These days we're replacing the old gui with your, so I suggest you to send me every new pieces of work you come out of, so we can add them.

Hope to see another great job soon :D
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

I'm already re-thinking the GUI. Thanks for the suggestions!

I will continue to re-work it until it looks GREAT!!! :D
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I like your work in general but I think v3 was better than this one. I agree with Elven in the health boxes and am not sure about those skills/equip screens. Too much borders and screen space used I think, but read on.

As you said in the "Lack of Art!" topic, not all functionality and in-game workings are fixed or specified yet. As such what I as one of the current GUI programmers need from you are mainly widget graphics. This means we'll need checkbox, button, window (maybe with some titlebar/icon), textbox, etc. graphics in their possible states like active, disabled, mouse hover, etc.

Once we finish the widgets we can start building the dialogs, for which a raw design would suffice in most cases instead of working it out fully in the GUI graphics. I mean when your GUI skin is reasonably fixed, an outline quickly suffices, as I drew for a panel redesign for a map editor I'm working on:

http://www.lindeijer.nl/~bjorn/tiled_panel_dock.png
Last edited by Bjørn on 18 Dec 2004, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
krismichael
Novice
Novice

Post by krismichael »

Well it's still a work in progress so all comments are welcome and helpful. I'll have it all worked out by the end of the year. :)
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

My main comment was just that I'd like to see a change in priority. To get a full set of widgets first so we can start implementing them while the dialogs are designed.