How to play around with TMW resource files

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: How to play around with TMW resource files

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

IMHO, if not done already, this thread should become a reference page in the wiki.

Regards,
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The full way requires a server restart. You'll need to make the walk map for the server (the wlk file). Put that in <ea-data>/data. Add an entry for it in <ea-data>/data/resnametable.txt. Then edit <ea-data>npc/scripts.conf (or so) and add a map line for it ("npc: map_name_here.gat" (match what you put in resnametable.txt). Then put the tmx somewhere the client will see it. Restart the server, log in with the client, then you can warp.
nyos
Peon
Peon

Post by nyos »

Thank you all for your help. Jax thanks for that deeper explanation as well. Do you know where I might find documentation on that whole process? That will actually help me out a lot in the fact that I plan to make content for the map (eg. npcs, quests, items) as well. Having figured out the working a little, it would be nice to have some full documentation that way all TMW has to do is drop files and go. (Well as close to that as possible :D ).

Thanks again to all. If anyone else has another 2 cents please respond. I'll take all the info you got! :o
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

If you want drop and go (or as close as we will get with eAthena), there is a tool I made in the eathena-data repository. I'll convert warps and mobs from the tmwserv format (objects on maps) into the eAthena format, and update the import file structure we currently have for eAthena content. It makes a folder for every map (using the map's name property) in the npc folder. Just put your scripts in there and they'll be added automatically when you next run the program (or you can add them yourself to the _import.txt file). This program will also keep wlk files up to date.
nyos
Peon
Peon

Post by nyos »

Thanks again for your help! This will make getting the job done quicker and easier!
KyleeMelody
Peon
Peon

Post by KyleeMelody »

In method A they hinted at help for Linux (Specifically Ubuntu)
but when they go to tell us where to extract, where SPECIFICALLY? eAthena-data/data? in eAthena-data itself? other than that if i needed to create a folder, where? and where do i add the -u if its even a -u IN Ubuntu.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

Just a question, how can I get the image of a nude char to work over it? I've seen it somewhere but can't find it
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros01 »

xxxx
Last edited by Speiros01 on 14 Apr 2010, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
A.K.A "_speiros_", by a mistake I made...lol
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

kalaez wrote:Just a question, how can I get the image of a nude char to work over it? I've seen it somewhere but can't find it
graphics/sprites/player_male_base.png
graphics/sprites/player_female_base.png
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

TY Crush, got it.
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
natsuki3
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki3 »

but cruch when i add the server to my linux pc and try to update

the mana client say no servers avaible why ??
Its blue like the sea.
New
Peon
Peon

Post by New »

What means -u and blah blah why don't you post a video on youtube how to do it???
Mercy has been granted.
eTHiiXx
Peon
Peon

Post by eTHiiXx »

I cant see any ZIP folders when I go into this directory!

Im on Windows 7 and when I get to the folder with all the Update files that are supposed to be there, there is only a text file that has "991" In it....
Because You Can Trust Me ..... To Own You.

Level 30+ Archer Of Epicosity
:3 Tehe.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

eTHiiXx wrote:I cant see any ZIP folders when I go into this directory!

Im on Windows 7 and when I get to the folder with all the Update files that are supposed to be there, there is only a text file that has "991" In it....
It's easier for everyone if you just use git: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/How_to_Develop
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
eTHiiXx
Peon
Peon

Post by eTHiiXx »

o11c wrote:
eTHiiXx wrote:I cant see any ZIP folders when I go into this directory!

It's easier for everyone if you just use git: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/How_to_Develop
I have NO idea how to do it what so ever, and yes I have spent hours trying to (I REALLY WANT TO MAKE A MAP :/ ). Would you be able to give me a walkthrough please? :)
Because You Can Trust Me ..... To Own You.

Level 30+ Archer Of Epicosity
:3 Tehe.