What should I do next?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

What should I do next?

Post by Crush »

Now that I finished the woodland village I am asking myself what tileset I could do next. Any suggestions?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

Maybe the mountain tileset? (because its is not too special and can be used for many maps)

A volcano environment would be nice too (together with lava particle effects).

Or maybe somekind of beach tileset with a harbor and ships (+ particle effects for the waves and the surf).
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The particle engine is not really suitable to display wide areas of liquids like water or lava. I would rather use animated tiles for such things... when tiled and tmw would support them.

But a volcano area would be interesting nontheless.

A mountain tileset is not practical at the moment. I will create one when TMWServ and the engine support multi-walklayer maps.

Some harbor tiles would be a nice addition to irukards concrete wall tileset.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
JJJP
Peon
Peon

Post by JJJP »

Im just a few days in mana world - so just suggestions from a noob. :wink:

1. more different ground tiles for the existing landscapes (so that the ground doesnt look too flat)

1.1 tiles with little rocks, holes, flaws, spots, skelletons, wood peaces, trash and so on for the existing landscapes

2. swamp ( or sort of muddy grass, which can be used in grassland too)

3. rotten/broken pavement for "lost cities" or ruins (or hole tilesets for ruins)
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

JJJP wrote:Im just a few days in mana world - so just suggestions from a noob. :wink:

1. more different ground tiles for the existing landscapes (so that the ground doesnt look too flat)

1.1 tiles with little rocks, holes, flaws, spots, skelletons, wood peaces, trash and so on for the existing landscapes

2. swamp ( or sort of muddy grass, which can be used in grassland too)

3. rotten/broken pavement for "lost cities" or ruins (or hole tilesets for ruins)
yeah, lost city would be perfect ;)
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

You could continue the SoM-like tilesets tobias was working on.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... hlight=som
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Matt wrote:You could continue the SoM-like tilesets tobias was working on.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... hlight=som
I already have tiles for a village in a woodland environment. That tileset would be quite superfluous now.
  • NOT a game master

Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The walls aren't white, they can't be SoM-like :P
Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

Hi again,

Long time no see. If you want looking for things to do, how about working on the player sprite set?

Actually, I am very confused about the situation regarding the player sprite set. There was a thread about two-handed animation, but it is not updated; is it abandoned? I have posted about fixing the sitting posture; should I continue to work on it? Moreover, there is the new female walking animation; will it be used in future version?
Silent Snake
Peon
Peon

Post by Silent Snake »

What about a jungle, tropical climate, etc. Or possibly a swamp.
ilgufo
Peon
Peon

Post by ilgufo »

A lost city in the underground :D
TMW: mestesso, lvl42
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Saphy wrote:Hi again,

Long time no see. If you want looking for things to do, how about working on the player sprite set?

Actually, I am very confused about the situation regarding the player sprite set. There was a thread about two-handed animation, but it is not updated; is it abandoned? I have posted about fixing the sitting posture; should I continue to work on it? Moreover, there is the new female walking animation; will it be used in future version?
Working on the spriteset and in particulat working on more weapon attack animations would be the preferred thing to do.