Page 2 of 2

Posted: 24 Aug 2007, 18:16
by Crush
You have to subscribe to the mailing list before you can send messages to it. This is a precaution against spam. You can do so on https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/lis ... orld-devel

Posted: 24 Aug 2007, 20:13
by Crush
Now that you mailed your map to the developer mailing list I see that you put the south walls on the over layer so that players and monsters can be covered by them. That is how it is supposed to be. But then you made these tiles unwalkable and thus lost the effect.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007, 22:53
by L0rd
Crush wrote:Now that you mailed your map to the developer mailing list I see that you put the south walls on the over layer so that players and monsters can be covered by them. That is how it is supposed to be. But then you made these tiles unwalkable and thus lost the effect.
Yes your right, i missed that one. I will send a new version soon.

Btw: I noticed that the original ice cave that is all ready on the server suffers from the same problem - the collision layer is in the wrong place on the south wall.


Image below shows the cover layer in the current Ice cave and in my new Ice cave. In the current ice cave a player can not get to the south wall in order to make use of the cover...

Image

Posted: 25 Aug 2007, 07:41
by Manaboy
new ice cave is cool :) and the Map :D

Posted: 28 Aug 2007, 09:30
by Bjørn
Falcata wrote:L0rd, I have a concern with this, and I do think it is a valid one. If this ice cave is replacing the current one, then anybody who has quit the game while in the old ice cave might wind up inside a wall, with no way to escape.
I believe eAthena has already solved this problem, by always looking for a nearby non-wall spot to put the player when the previous saved location happens to be blocked.

But wasn't this cave meant as an addition to the existing ice cave?

Posted: 28 Aug 2007, 13:36
by L0rd
Bjørn wrote:
Falcata wrote:L0rd, I have a concern with this, and I do think it is a valid one. If this ice cave is replacing the current one, then anybody who has quit the game while in the old ice cave might wind up inside a wall, with no way to escape.
I believe eAthena has already solved this problem, by always looking for a nearby non-wall spot to put the player when the previous saved location happens to be blocked.

But wasn't this cave meant as an addition to the existing ice cave?
Yes, it was meant to be an addtion:)

Posted: 01 Sep 2007, 17:55
by L0rd
Will this map be added to the game? I have not recieved any replies on the Dev mail list...

Would be nice to know if you still think it requires some more work.

Posted: 11 Sep 2007, 17:44
by telospanton
Cool Icecave !! Will it someday replace the other one? 8)

Posted: 12 Sep 2007, 21:26
by L0rd
telospanton wrote:Cool Icecave !! Will it someday replace the other one? 8)
Thx, It was meant as an addition to the current ice cave however, I doubt it will be added:(

Posted: 13 Sep 2007, 08:47
by ElvenProgrammer
telospanton wrote:I doubt it will be added:(
That's not true, but the process could be very long, mostly because of developers' lack of time. And also we're trying to concentrate on the devlopment of the new server so we assign very low priority to everything else, sorry if silence from mailing list happens to be a bit rude, but it was not meant.

In case you'd like to speed up the process you could attempt to start writing the scripts required for the maps (monsters and warps)

Those are the ones used for the existing ice cave:

http://themanaworld.svn.sourceforge.net ... iew=markup
http://themanaworld.svn.sourceforge.net ... iew=markup

Posted: 13 Sep 2007, 17:17
by L0rd
ElvenProgrammer wrote:
telospanton wrote:I doubt it will be added:(
That's not true, but the process could be very long, mostly because of developers' lack of time. And also we're trying to concentrate on the devlopment of the new server so we assign very low priority to everything else, sorry if silence from mailing list happens to be a bit rude, but it was not meant.

In case you'd like to speed up the process you could attempt to start writing the scripts required for the maps (monsters and warps)

Those are the ones used for the existing ice cave:

http://themanaworld.svn.sourceforge.net ... iew=markup
http://themanaworld.svn.sourceforge.net ... iew=markup
Thanks for the reply! I can appreciate that you guys are busy and that there are more important things to do.

I will write the scripts for the monsters and warps as you suggest.

Thanks.

Posted: 13 Sep 2007, 20:12
by L0rd
Update: I have added the script files to the dev mail list.



L0rd

Posted: 28 Sep 2007, 02:32
by L0rd
Oh well i guess its time to face facts, my map will not be added as you would have all ready done so by now. Having added the map to my own server i know that it only takes a couple of minutes to do so, i guess it wasn't inspiring enough:)

I have been patient to the point of not caring anymore! Not meaning to be nasty but my time is better spent on other projects.

Please delete my forum account and Goodluck with the project.

Posted: 28 Sep 2007, 08:23
by ElvenProgrammer
L0rd wrote:Oh well i guess its time to face facts, my map will not be added as you would have all ready done so by now. Having added the map to my own server i know that it only takes a couple of minutes to do so, i guess it wasn't inspiring enough:)

I have been patient to the point of not caring anymore! Not meaning to be nasty but my time is better spent on other projects.

Please delete my forum account and Goodluck with the project.
I don't want to be nasty as well, but your map as been already added to svn (20/09/2007), as you could've known if subscribed to the commit mailing list. It is planned to be released soon. So I can't see your point of being so upset.
If you're not interested in the project, feel free to leave, we're not kidnapping anyone. I don't see any reason why I should delete your account on the forums, you're just one of the random contributors who stayed here for a while and then left, I'm not going to delete all the accounts of the people who left, if you didn't want to be mentioned as part of this community you shouldn't have subscribed.
Said so, I want to thank you again for your map, and I hope to see you come back one day in the future.