TMWServ Development Report August 2007

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TMWServ Development Report August 2007

Post by Crush »

TMWServ is advancing with big steps.

The main addition in August was adding an interpreter and bindings for the LUA scripting language. LUA is much more powerful than the eAthena scripting language and offers features like string manipulation, scientific mathematics, reading and writing files or using external libraries.

LUA scripts are currently mainly used for handling NPCs and already cover most of the NPC functionality we used on eAthena including multiple choice dialogs, checking and modifying players inventory and shopping. Further functionality will follow.

Unrelated to the LUA implementation some simple admin commands were also added for easier testing and server administration.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.