Complete map in tiles?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

zick
Novice
Novice

Re: Complete map in tiles?

Post by zick »

This is hard ... I've tried to draw whole scenes before. My suggestions if you want to do this, first sketch it on paper. Then scan it, and digitally ink, and paint. This could be really cool, if it could somehow be implemented.
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

This topic currently spans 2 threads and as Rotonen very recently pointed out, in the other one ( http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 3&start=15 ) ..the issue has been beaten to death and at this immediate point in time, we stand to gain nothing by discussing it further.
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

dabe wrote:This topic currently spans 2 threads and as Rotonen very recently pointed out, in the other one ( http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 3&start=15 ) ..the issue has been beaten to death and at this immediate point in time, we stand to gain nothing by discussing it further.
Yeah - I suggest locking this thread - it's an effective way to force discussion into the other thread.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yes, special places can be done unique instead of making a tileset. It works and produces great results at times.

No, we won't do every map like that.

Enough already?
This message used to be meaningful.