Where do I find the currently used maps?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

paradoxfox93
Peon
Peon

Where do I find the currently used maps?

Post by paradoxfox93 »

I want to load the currently used maps into tiled so I can look at how they're built on the layers and such. I think it will give me a feel of how to build what I have going on in my head at the moment. I've dug through the files in my installation and don't see anything that jumps out at me as a map file I can load into tiled. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Edit -Err..okay so I did read the sticky. I don't have an update folder though. I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 (No comments about updating to Gutsy plz...not possible tho i wish I could). I have run mana world and should have the updates but I don't have a folder called updates in my /home/user/tmw-0.0.23 folder, Just dat, which is where I was digging around.
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

The updates folder can be found in [username]/.tmw
paradoxfox93
Peon
Peon

Post by paradoxfox93 »

I don't have that folder.

My directory looks like this:

user@comp:~/tmw-0.0.23$ dir
aclocal.m4 config.h.in COPYING docs Makefile.am NEWS tmw.desktop
AUTHORS configure data INSTALL Makefile.in README TODO
ChangeLog configure.ac depcomp install-sh missing src
user@comp:~/tmw-0.0.23$
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

It probably wont show up (it's hidden by the '.' at the beginning). Have you tried changing to it?
paradoxfox93
Peon
Peon

Post by paradoxfox93 »

thats it, got it, thanks a lot!
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

When using dir (or ls), use the "-a" option to see everything (even hidden entries).
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Actually, you should get them from Subversion: http://themanaworld.svn.sourceforge.net ... data/maps/

Also see https://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=106790 for other ways to get files from Subversion. Since you also need the tilesets, the easiest way is to check the stuff out from there.

Take tmw/branches/0.0 for current map development.