New map "mountainpassage" southwest of snakedesert

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Crush wrote:Regarding the new outdoor map: The cliffs look interesting but the rest looks quite boring IMO. Why don't you pep it up a bit by using some of the new tiles by Len?
You mean the different sand types? Yeah I can do that. In fact I was planning to, but then didn't go trough with it, so that I could post it sooner.
I am also afraid you have to redo the changes at the old map because you used an outdated version.
Yeah I guess there's no avoiding it. :( Well since I'm probably going to redo the other map, maybe I can do it so it fits on the new snake desert. I'll see.
When you want to get seriously involved into the development of TMW you should learn how to use subversion to make sure that you are always working with the latest versions of all files. It would also be a big pro when you would learn how to set up your own server and add maps to it. When you are familiar with this process Bjørn or Elvenprogrammer might consider to give you write access to subversion so that you can implement your maps without the help of another developer.
I realize that by delivering half work, I can be more of a burden rather then a help to you, so I completely understand and respect that response. On the other hand, from my point of view making these maps already demands a lot of my time, and I'm not quite sure I'm willing to make even more time to learn how to work with subversion and such. But, I'm willing to give it some thought.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

same delima

Post by Merlin »

Interesting point brought up...

When you want to get seriously involved into the development of TMW you should learn how to use subversion to make sure that you are always working with the latest versions of all files. It would also be a big pro when you would learn how to set up your own server and add maps to it. When you are familiar with this process Bjørn or Elvenprogrammer might consider to give you write access to subversion so that you can implement your maps without the help of another developer.

I've been having problems with useing the subversion (I think I just went about it wrong. Also can some one post a current link to the SVN? The link in the sticky dosn't work.) I plan on attempting it again.

I also have had problems running the current server on linux.

I see how ONLY creating the maps is only half the work. I've studied the NPC scriptting currently used and belive I can make NPC's for the maps I create. I plan on getting these things consolidated and worked out so I can create FULLY finished and functional maps.

(Hence new posting...Map Creators Discussion)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: same delima

Post by Crush »

MerlinX420 wrote:I've been having problems with useing the subversion (I think I just went about it wrong. Also can some one post a current link to the SVN? The link in the sticky dosn't work.) I plan on attempting it again.
There are two stickies with a link to the SVN. The one in "How to get software used for TMW server." was outdated. I updated it. The one in "How to play around with TMW resource files" is and was correct.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Ok, I added some different ground tiles, I made a transition for the new snakedesert, and also modified that desert a bit. But I didn't bother with a screenshot since the changes are so small (oh, I also fixed a tile on that map that was supposed to be fringe but put in layer). The coordinates of the caves are still the same, so I didn't have to alter the cave map.

Mountainpassage:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLKX3Q87
Modified snakedesert:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AVFD4LMF