Mushroms Forest Cave

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

bankai
Novice
Novice

Re: Mushroms Forest Cave

Post by bankai »

WOW great job len im amazed i hope i can become as skilled as u at this
WOOHOOOOOOOO
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Nice work Len. Love the top row.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I almost finish the red-green version of the cave wall...
Fire Cave version...
ImageImage
I know what you are going to say "my eyes, my eyes...lol" but anyways I wanted to post it ;)
But think about lava...and you got it
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I'm working in the possible parallax scroll as well

Image >>progress>>Image
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

So far, this is my favorite wall attempt..
..I'm not saying it's perfection and everyone should stop trying :wink:, simply that it's my favorite of the current submissions.

Axl, your stalactites are coming along nicely, but I wonder (not that it's really a big deal) if you'll end up having to recolor them, to match the walls. I'm not sure that they'll have to share exact color palettes, but it might look goofy to have gray walls and a brown ceiling.. even if the ceiling has some transparency.

edit: I eventually looked at a bunch of stalactite pictures and I was wholly incorrect about the coloring issue. Any color might work with any other color. :lol: So color on, brother.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

AxlTrozz wrote:I almost finish the red-green version of the cave wall...
Fire Cave version...
ImageImage
I know what you are going to say "my eyes, my eyes...lol" but anyways I wanted to post it ;)
But think about lava...and you got it

They definitely have a liquid quality about them (it could easily be lava or radioactive waste lol)
Pixel Battalion
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Wow. Looks like a lot of stuff has been happening in my absence. I haven't been around much because I managed to get Elder Scrolls IV running under Wine, and so I've gotten myself a little addicted to the game.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Falcata wrote:Wow. Looks like a lot of stuff has been happening in my absence. I haven't been around much because I managed to get Elder Scrolls IV running under Wine, and so I've gotten myself a little addicted to the game.
I also enjoyed that game

I recolored my dirt tile from the forest tileset and created a border (I’m sure at some point we are going to make a volcanic area)
Pixel Battalion
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

Len wrote:(I’m sure at some point we are going to make a volcanic area)
Absotively posolutely, but what the devil does this have to do with the Mushroom tileset? :? :D
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

dabe wrote:
Len wrote:(I’m sure at some point we are going to make a volcanic area)
Absotively posolutely, but what the devil does this have to do with the Mushroom tileset? :? :D
Nothing, I didn't think it was important enough to start a new topic... so I just nailed it on to the comment about the elder scrolls
Pixel Battalion
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I was just giving you a hard time, or "the business" as it were. ;) :twisted:
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I'm copying yosuhara a bit by digging up this other cave-related, corpse of a thread, mostly because we need to kick this topic in the pants. I consider it a sketch in need of refinement, of course.. I just didn't feel like staring at it any longer. I'll eventually come back to it, if no one beats me to it.. but I wish someone would. ;) (I wasn't really looking at Falcata's mushrooms when I did this, so forgive me if it fails entirely at matching style..)

Depending on how you look at it, every part of it could use a tweak, but I don't think it's a bad start toward yet another mushroom. I remembered we didn't have many (any?) tall ones, so don't come at me all like, "It's too big, stupid!" (it's supposed to be!)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The perspective needs to be tweaked most. http://wiki.themanaworld.org/images/2/2 ... erence.png
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

mushroom looks very nice as it is, but i don't really think it match the style of others mushrooms.. :twisted:
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

Yeah, the cap could probably be a bit rounder and the base could stand to show a little more ground contact, to bring the perspective closer to the proper angle. Looking at the existing set of fungus, its approach toward the going style would seem to be a matter of outlining. (I Image the colors could be simpler, too) Since fixing the outline isn't a very large step, I will probably continue to monkey around with this.

More possible mushroom shapes: