Audio development?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Othello
Novice
Novice

Audio development?

Post by Othello »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to TMW, but I love it, and would like to participate. I'm kind of a jack of all trades... doing programming, graphics and writing songs. But at first I would love to write some music. I have written some already, but mostly in the form of electronic like music, but I would love to write some more ambiance/fantasy music. I'm currently writing a song called 'The sirens call'... I'll post it here tonight, which is more a fantasy theme.

Anyway, my question is, is there need for more music... and if so, what theme?... is there any requirement of the format it should be in (MP3, OGG, MIDI)... who should I talk to?

Thanks!
Vincent

P.S. Here are some samples of stuff I've already made (Its not that good), free to use, can make remixes:
Exploration.mp3
Solar.mp3
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We are using OGG.

Music should loop seamlessly and fit the ambient of an area that is already in the game or in development. Personally I would like to have a new theme for the forest area because I think that the current music is quite awful. We could also need a track for the desert temple that is currently in development (see http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=2377)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.