System Requirements

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

masterkatten
Peon
Peon

System Requirements

Post by masterkatten »

Yo^^ im just wondering what the system requirements are. I have a laptop (wich isnt very good...) and i was wondering if it was possible to run the game without any 3d support? (it does have directdraw though.)

Edit:
Oh, and if no system reqs are known ill test and tell.

Ok. Test 1. done.

Test computer:

Intel Pentium II, MMX, 360MHz
128MB Ram
NeoMagic MagicGraph256AV (2.5MB)
(Only Direct Draw)
Windows XP
Average Frame rate:
4~8
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yes, hmm, yes. I think a Pentium III 500 Mhz will be about minimum with 1 Ghz as recommended. There already was a performance chart with some systems on the Wiki, but they were all made when we were using Allegro instead of SDL:

http://themanaworld.sourceforge.net/wik ... manceChart

It would be interesting to know, since you have such a low fps, did you test 0.0.9? And what is your fps with 0.0.8a, our last Allegro version?
masterkatten
Peon
Peon

Post by masterkatten »

It was done with 0.0.9 and ive not tried the other one. Can do it though...
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

i tried TMW on a p3 500 at my work with opengl .. well i got 4-8 fps .. well i think they dun have accelerated driver installed i will try it again on monday
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)