New Map 9 or Old map 9

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

What Version of map 9 should be used.

The original map (Just take out the Lake)
24%
The new version by MerlinX420
76%

Total votes: 21
Merlin
Developer
Developer

New Map 9 or Old map 9

Post by Merlin »

Just to get some feedback...

What Version of map 9 do you prefer?

The Original Version:

New Version:

Please vote for the option you think should be used.
Thank you for your feedback,
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Re: New Map 9 or Old map 9

Post by Dave »

In the future, when posting large images such as these, please consider the use of a high quality jpeg, rather than png, which is very true to each color. At maximum quality, a jpeg of that size would have been less than 500k. Your pngs on the other hand are approaching 3mb. ;)

..and before I have it pointed out to me, I realize that to many of you, a "high quality jpeg" is some sort of contradiction or oxymoron. :roll: :D :P
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I just looked at the files. I never noticed that the original Map 9 was a 2.3 mb File. I'll make note to post in Jpeg for large images.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

//little OT: I think we should finally get rid of that "please-help-me-find-santa-girl" and free the passage to winter land...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

• former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Crush wrote:No, this doesn't fit into the great plan.
i meant it just for current eAthena server...
(Great plan, I like that ;))
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

dabe wrote:In the future, when posting large images such as these, please consider the use of a high quality jpeg, rather than png, which is very true to each color. At maximum quality, a jpeg of that size would have been less than 500k. Your pngs on the other hand are approaching 3mb. ;)
Looks like the PNG is hardly compressed. When I resave the same image (as png) in GIMP I get a file that's less then 700k in size, with no notable loss.

I like the map btw
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

That pic was saved from tiled. I don't why the large file size. I'll just check the pics before I post them.

TY, I like the map too. The rest of them should be done by the end of the week.
MerlinX420
bankai
Novice
Novice

Post by bankai »

dude dont take away lovers cape man thats my favorite part its more local now!!
WOOHOOOOOOOO
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

bankai wrote:dude dont take away lovers cape man thats my favorite part its more local now!!
I agree, I think some people started to like the part with the road around the high tree. Maybe it can be re-created somewhere else where it does fit into the great plan.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Before we get too far on this we need to decide on how that mountain range is going to be crossed/etc: cave, mountain pass, boat, geomancer, .... Once this is done we can start on the north central geography as well (starting with the other end or the pass, or ...).
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Bjørn wrote:
bankai wrote:dude dont take away lovers cape man thats my favorite part its more local now!!
I agree, I think some people started to like the part with the road around the high tree. Maybe it can be re-created somewhere else where it does fit into the great plan.
I like that part also. i could block it off and make it accessible from that road only.
I've kind been busy with RL and think I might wait untill the new forest tileset is done so I can change the graphics to fit with the new tileset. I'd hate to go threw all the trouble or editing this map twice.
MerlinX420
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

jaxad0127 wrote:Before we get too far on this we need to decide on how that mountain range is going to be crossed/etc: cave, mountain pass, boat, geomancer, .... Once this is done we can start on the north central geography as well (starting with the other end or the pass, or ...).
I was thinking mountian pass. With a road that leads to the current chirstmas town. That could be located on "top" of the moutian range. I would need some sort of way of making the transition and i don't see how with the current tilesets.
MerlinX420
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

jaxad0127 wrote:Before we get too far on this we need to decide on how that mountain range is going to be crossed/etc: cave, mountain pass, boat, geomancer, .... Once this is done we can start on the north central geography as well (starting with the other end or the pass, or ...).
Mountain pass. Decided, go on.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.